British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Geordie582

Coin cards for wallets

I have been toying with a method of keeping coins fairly static in the coin wallet pockets. I have bought (From Chris) some staple cpoin cards and cut each in two, then trimmed them to fit the pockets. Each resulting card has a transparent centre on which you can lay the coin to facilitate easy insertion and withdrawl. I trim the card sections to 35 x 35 mm which is the easiest size to slide in an out of the pockets.

It would be great if you could buy them ready made to fit

What do you think?

_

Er.... I may just be confused here, but the Hartberger style flips can be stored in plastic pages of 50x50mm slip-wallets, specifically made for them - the coins are held more or less in place and can be viewed a page at a time (from either side). That would be easier than having to cut down the flips and neater than lots of plastic envelopes no? - I'd imagine Chris could get the pages and albums to put them in too... aha.. I see he does, and a nice tray too..

I think you are talking about the coin albums not the wallets which have pockets of about 37x37mm. The albums are for 50x50mm coin cards.

I am not sure if Hartberger makes the self-seal types in that size, but here in the US, you can get the staple type cardboard holders in 1½" X 1½", which is what the 37mm pockets will hold. (the 2" X 2" fit into the 50mm pockets)

Ta! for that. I'm off to the USA next week. I'll keep a look out for them. It will save me having to cut the cards down to size. :D

As you probably noticed, I'm having trouble getting pictures into posts. Forgive the latest try!! :(

post-19-1108920069_thumb.jpg

Hurrah!! It worked! That was the insert to the wallet. This is the wallet!:D

Ignore my e-mails, Chris! Trouble with image size!!

post-19-1108920367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geordie582