British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
zookeeperz

My saturday near misses

As the football season is in full swing every saturday I pick between 5 and 8 teams and put them in an accumulator hoping to strike a nice little earner. Sadly Close isn't close enough. 2 of my most recent bets that hit the cross bar only to lay dormant on the goal line :)

bet1-horz.jpg

Edited by zookeeperz
  • Like 1

I made a profit last week of £7 on a yankee. I went for a 5 way today and lost £1.50.

Good fun and watch final score at 4:30 ooowing and arrrring.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

As the football season is in full swing every saturday I pick between 5 and 8 teams and put them in an accumulator hoping to strike a nice little earner. Sadly Close isn't close enough. 2 of my most recent bets that hit the cross bar only to lay dormant on the goal line :)

I do a similar thing, and surprise surprise get more or less the same result.  However, I'm still in profit for the last two seasons because with large accumulated odds you only need to win occasionally.

You only have to win the lottery occasionally :)

Bookies love them small stake large return even a bonus for all correct thats why high street shops are full of tickets and signs on the wall.

Even more so with a reult/results that finish later than the others.The software they have in place allows them to lay any potential big loss off by using betfair/another bookmaker.They then are the people telling the press we have just paid Mrs Jones £""""""""" for a 50p stake for the free advertising.

The smaller independents all have a sign on the wall with a maximum payout to cover themselves although they dont put it in big writing on the door :)

Its a fun bet that thousands do and one to enjoy.

Anyone reading this though stick to buying a coin ;)

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1