British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Christie

Silver coins

I have 37 coins pre 1947 and a few after this date and saw that someone was looking for some, I have very little knowledge of coins and if they are of value to someone else I would rather they had them than keep them. I've got a few pictures of them but the camera I have is not that good. _20171123_215228.JPG_20171123_215133.JPG

What I can see there Christie, amounts to silver value only. Be aware that pre-1947 is 50% silver, whereas pre-1920 it's full sterling silver. Get what you can for them, from anyone who buys coins like that for their silver content.

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply I did not know that. How will I go about selling these do I need to get the silver weighed before I sell them.

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Christie said:

Thank you for your reply I did not know that. How will I go about selling these do I need to get the silver weighed before I sell them.

Thanks again 

the silver items are a set weight so no need to weigh them ,just state the face value and show a pic