British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I thought it might be a nice idea for us to have somewhere where we can display our impeccable musical tastes (or otherwise!)... :lol: 

YouTube has just about everything under the sun.

It can be a topic to return once in a while if - (never! :o) - we become slightly overloaded by the question of whether the downstroke of the second P is 'very slightly' or merely 'slightly' to the left of a tooth.

What we choose need have nothing whatever to do with coins, so do excuse my first choice.

1 hour ago, DaveG38 said:

Can I post my own rubbish songs?

Yes come on Dave lets have one......Seem to remember one months ago will make a change from the CD i have had on alday.

4 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Can I post my own rubbish songs?

Sure, why not? :) 

Hidden talents there Dave - I've never written a song in my life, so nothing but admiration here. 

Be interesting to hear them professionally produced and sung?

1 minute ago, Peckris said:

Hidden talents there Dave - I've never written a song in my life, so nothing but admiration here. 

Be interesting to hear them professionally produced and sung?

No chance of that happening I suspect. I have no 'ins' to the music industry, no direct line to Simon Cowell or Kylie, so I guess my talents are destined to remain hidden. To be honest, I only do this because I find it interesting, really relaxing and incredibly satisfying when things slot into place, and something fairly indifferent suddenly sparks into life. Sometimes its as simple as taking a chord sequence and shifting it by one beat, and things change dramatically. A bit like finding the coin you've been looking for for years. 

• Like 1

(I just posted this, but it has gone - where?)

Anyway, a song from a friend of mine:

7 minutes ago, Peckris said:

(I just posted this, but it has gone - where?)

Anyway, a song from a friend of mine:

Very nice - the sort of song I like. I can hear a touch of the early Marianne Fathfull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

After a positive comment I'm really encouraged now. Final one for now, but sung (if that's the right word) by me. I'm in my Bob Dylan phase. If anybody wants to know what the heck the lyrics are about, I'll post an explanation.

https://soundcloud.com/user-57587141/rear-view-mirror

Good song, not quite so sure about the performance? Get rid of the echo and go for the full Mark E Smith treatment!

19 minutes ago, Peckris said:

Good song, not quite so sure about the performance? Get rid of the echo and go for the full Mark E Smith treatment!

My vocal would sound even worse without some reverb. As it is I use a fairly short preset called 'living room' which kind of suits me. The backing is still a bit raw, as it hasn't been properly mixed and mastered yet, and I'm aware that there's a bit too much bass/echo on it. Also, the final verse needs boosting further to avoid is being too similar to the second one. And finally, the MP3 format needed by Soundcloud clips it a bit too much for my liking, but then hey ho, I'm not a pro. Wow, there's a rhyme, and a basis for the next song!!!

• Like 1

Not strictly speaking a song as such, but definitely one of my favourite clips!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peckris said:

Not strictly speaking a song as such, but definitely one of my favourite clips!

Brilliant

• Like 2

Much of the music from the last 30 odd years, I now find irritating and inane, so I'm not going to post one of those. Instead, I'll post one that contains thoughtful lyrics. Roger Whittaker was played a lot when I was still at home with my parents, as my Father is a huge fan of his. This one I grew to really like "I don't believe in if anymore"

• Like 1

Having just seen the Bill Bailey link, I'm compelled to share this:

• Like 3

Always loved Florence :wub:

• Like 2

Please sign that you are 18 or over...

I don't think Eugenie would be best pleased if she knew a mate of mine was responsible for posting this Chris. :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

But hey ho....

Here's my tuppence worth to help it all keep ticking along.

• Like 2

A varied selection there Mick! Now I know where The Pioneers pinched the riff for Long Shot Kick De Bucket from... :lol:

Anyway, back to relative normality for me

• Like 2

Another one from 1997, and one of my all time favourites - Bittersweet Symphony from Verve.

That image of Richard Ashcroft bumping into everybody along the street has become almost iconic.

• Like 1