British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Norfolk Wolf

the only gold stater i have found in 12 years,  and its a plated one at that lol, all the left facing wolfs are bronze cored, took hours to clean as it had blown quite badly 

, found it about 5 years ago 

P1020749.JPG

P1020750.JPG

• Like 2

lovely coin, nice find.

only one stater for me in 30 years so you are doing ok ;)

14 hours ago, craigy said:

the only gold stater i have found in 12 years,  and its a plated one at that lol, all the left facing wolfs are bronze cored, took hours to clean as it had blown quite badly 

, found it about 5 years ago 

P1020749.JPG

P1020750.JPG

I bet your heart sunk a little when you realised it was a base metal core. Still a great find though. Not many people find anything like that. Nice find matey. 

Edited by Ukstu

On 11/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, Ukstu said:

I bet your heart sunk a little when you realised it was a base metal core. Still a great find though. Not many people find anything like that. Nice find matey. 

yes it did, funny though was my first signal on a field i had never been on, my mate was waiting for me to get over to him and it was about 2 ft from him,