British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

HeavyT

2018 Pre-decimal and decimal books

Hi Chris, when are the 2018 versions of your collector coin books coming out?

The decimal one could include both regular or *real* prices and "fantasy" prices the fantasy prices are the ones that  regularly apear in the rags "The sun" and "The mail"

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

The decimal one could include both regular or *real* prices and "fantasy" prices the fantasy prices are the ones that  regularly apear in the rags "The sun" and "The mail"

That annoys me to the point of frustration.

"selling on Ebay" is not the same as "has sold" and  the former really should include "and is listed by a complete numbnuts"

I feel I need to list some old "error" copies of newspapers - the ones where they actually contained "facts" and did not deliberately mislead the reader.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

That annoys me to the point of frustration.

"selling on Ebay" is not the same as "has sold" and  the former really should include "and is listed by a complete numbnuts"

I feel I need to list some old "error" copies of newspapers - the ones where they actually contained "facts" and did not deliberately mislead the reader.

Facts in the sun and the daily mail ?

Tut tut tut

Good luck with that one

• Like 1

I recommend the FT. No tabloid gossip, hyped up crap for effect or sport. In short, a newspaper that has the temerity to write informative accurate articles. Costs multiples of the tabloids and would be cheap at double the price.

• Like 2

that i newspaper aint that bad either very centrist many rags are ruined by being too left or right wing

I haven't read a newspaper since they stopped wrapping my fish n chips with one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The answer is that the 2018 predecimal book already available (since the 8th December). The 2018 decimal book will come in about Feb/March, as I need to wait for the RM to release the 2018 sets first, something they now seem to do on the 1st Jan and no longer in the previous November.

I do often quote silly newspaper gossip, but the actual prices are real ones at the time of going to press. 

2 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

I do often quote silly newspaper gossip, but the actual prices are real ones at the time of going to press. 

Just a theory ... but for the 1926ME prices, do you think the words ", see App I" has pushed the prices far to the right? You have £20 F £100 VF £600 EF for the 1919KN, so would it be out of the question that you meant £30 F £200 VF £1000 EF for the 1926ME? At the moment, it shows £30 under EF, £200 between EF and Unc, and £1000 under Unc. 

The Kindle version has been known to have alignment issues. In the printed version it is clearer (and the £30 is properly under Fine), but it is possible that a tab is missing there too. I will make sure they are moved over and adjusted next time.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, Rob said:

I recommend the FT. No tabloid gossip, hyped up crap for effect or sport. In short, a newspaper that has the temerity to write informative accurate articles. Costs multiples of the tabloids and would be cheap at double the price.

Couldn't agree more.

I can remember a time when a newspaper reported the news and you had to turn to an opinion page for something else. Now most journalists think they are important.

M

I like the fact they are always prepared to give voice to both sides of an argument. I had a letter published in it the other day concerning the ludicrous suggestion that the UK should have an imposed internal border with the EU just before the Brexit 'successful' announcement was made. To the paper's credit they published 4 letters on Brexit from opposite standpoints. Wouldn't get that in any Murdoch mouthpiece, or the Grauniad et al.

They have regular writers that clearly have political leanings one way or the other, but to their credit have always had editorial political independence. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

You know Rob I can remember when the Daily Telegraph was like that, sadly no more. It has now become like the Daily Mail that I stopped buying in my mid twenties nearly forty years ago.

I buy the FT for it's investment news and comment. Agree some of the columnists are of the liberal, metropolitan elite who are clearly bias. But that is virtually true of all main stream newspapers.

Two of the best articles on Brexit I have read with no bias as far as I could see were in the FT. Just stating the facts as the writer saw it one way or another. Long may it continue.

My online subscription is over £300 a year. I always ring them up on renewal and argue for a discount. It's coming to that time of year again.

M

"My online subscription is over £300 a year. I always ring them up on renewal and argue for a discount. It's coming to that time of year again."

I do the same with Sirius Satellite Radio each year. They always send me a bill for $199.00 invoice for each car (2 cars). After I call them and tell them that is too much, and we haggle for a little bit, they end up renewing them for $99.00/year each, which is what I have been paying for years! I don't like Companies that do business that way, but I do like the clear channel radio, wherever you are.