British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Battle of Hastings coin bars

Not something i normally buy westminster stuff, but i love the medieval them so went and collected the set of 12 50p coin bars from jersey, tiny little things using 1.5 g of silver in each one, anyway have just completed the set at a whopping cost of £330 lol, i could have bought a 1927 proof crown for that ?? i like them anyway, 

P1020635.jpg

• Like 2

they got some good artwork on them at least? :)

On 11/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, rpeddie said:

they got some good artwork on them at least? :)

lol, yeah, good interpretation, they would have been nicer twice the size, i know they aint never gonna be worth naff all but they are a bit different

you get a discount if you buy them all together at least? :)

we all have our vices, mine is 1928-1936 half crowns, florins and six pences, i have more of these than i know what to do with or why i cant stop buying them :ph34r:

no discount, they hook you in with the first one at £9.99 then its £28.99 inc postage each for the next 11, not something i would buy again, i never bought them thinking they would be worth more than i paid for them, but i like the medieval thing 

they seem to reproduces parts of the famous Bayeux Tapestry 

if you like medieval stuffs why don't you buy an original medieval coin :) ? just for et xample this nice penny today has been sold for 260 + BP £ at DNW.

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=467&lot_id=243&backto=cabinet

Edited by Matteo95

8 hours ago, Matteo95 said:

they seem to reproduces parts of the famous Bayeux Tapestry 

if you like medieval stuffs why don't you buy an original medieval coin :) ? just for et xample this nice penny today has been sold for 260 + BP £ at DNW.

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=467&lot_id=243&backto=cabinet

yeah there is that, but having 300 sheets together at the same time is not always possible, i could save up lol,,

Guest battle of hastings tapestr

Craigy i have been collecting these and appears that two have going missing i have been in contact with the westminster collection and they want to know which ones are missing.As luck would have it two on the bottom line are the ones the bottom left and bottom right are the ones any information on them would be a help. Thanks Dave Noden.

3 minutes ago, Guest battle of hastings tapestr said:

Craigy i have been collecting these and appears that two have going missing i have been in contact with the westminster collection and they want to know which ones are missing.As luck would have it two on the bottom line are the ones the bottom left and bottom right are the ones any information on them would be a help. Thanks Dave Noden.

when i get in tonight i will photograph the booklet with them all in so you can work out what ones you are missing 

Guest Battle of Hastings Tapestr

Craig the picture you post do you know the titles of the bottom left & the bottom right it would a great help to me. Thanks Dave Noden.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, Guest Battle of Hastings Tapestr said:

Craig the picture you post do you know the titles of the bottom left & the bottom right it would a great help to me. Thanks Dave Noden.

i'll have to check again, hope this helps 

P1030487.jpg

P1030488.jpg

Guest battle of hastings tapestr

Thanks Craig.