British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Danelaw

Is this Question Impossible!?

I just had thought, how much would it cost to have a fair(ish) coin of every Monarch since 1066, to say...up to William and Mary?

Any figures available out there?

Just go through Spink and find the cheapest option. If you only want them in fair, then only Williams 1 & 2, Henry IV, Edward V (unless you only want crowned monarchs) and Richard 3 will cost much. The rest could be done for tens of pounds each. Say up to £2K, or add 3 to 5K if you include a grotty Ed 5 which would have to be gold.

Edited by Rob

I'm sure there's a bit in the old coincraft books that list the cheapest denomination for each monarch.

I'm currently attempting this, but I'm trying to get a top grade example penny for each reign (and where possible collecting Salisbury & Wilton mint pennies). It's taking a while, but there's no hurry and I'm learning a lot on the journey! :D 

I started doing this with sixpences from Edward VI upto Eliz II. Still work in progress but not far off.