British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

zookeeperz

1966 Finger Penny

I sometimes wonder why I buy books. I must remember the premise is to read them lol. Fumbling through David's book looking at the Pennies of 1966 and the minor varieties. Specifically the one akin to the 1946 dot/die flaw penny. 1966 Finger /die flaw @ around the 9th plume from the front so anti-clockwise. Is this it? 

66a-horz.jpg

I had never heard of the Finger flaw Zoo  :D .

I dont have a clue what yours is either Zoo is it raised and wont blow off or just a dig ;)

Does anyone know or have a picture of this finger flaw one as intrigued to know why its called that.

Pete.

14 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I had never heard of the Finger flaw Zoo  :D .

I dont have a clue what yours is either Zoo is it raised and wont blow off or just a dig ;)

Does anyone know or have a picture of this finger flaw one as intrigued to know why its called that.

Pete.

yes it's raised but very subtle be too much of a coincidence to have a flaw that looks like a finger in exactly the same place the book reports it to be. It doesn't show any pictures it just said a few specimens have been found to exhibit bladi bladi  :). I was looking at the plumes thinking one of those was a finger. It might well be still until we know where its situated.lol

I re read it again that is not the finger flaw :(  it comes of the 9th helmet plume back from the front there is a protrusion that is Finger like shaped 

Edited by zookeeperz

Yes i have just read it Zoo although i have not looked before or at 1966 pennies.

Maybe Dave will tell us ?.

3 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Yes i have just read it Zoo although i have not looked before or at 1966 pennies.

Maybe Dave will tell us ?.

I never really read that far in to the later bronze issues even less so the decimals. Who would of thought there are 4 reverse types for 1971 2 pence. I guess I need to rethink on these such is the public's fascination with decimal coinage. Only takes a whiff of fake news and suddenly coins come from obscurity to fame and fortune :)

Found the punctuation differences on the 1967 pennies the round v oval saga :) 

1967roundpunctuation-tile.jpg

Sorry to bring this back up but its bugging me now :D

Does nobody have a clue what this Finger flaw is please or is it the one pictured at the top ?

10 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Sorry to bring this back up but its bugging me now :D

Does nobody have a clue what this Finger flaw is please or is it the one pictured at the top ?

Its the 9th plume back from the front tip the plume has a protrusion that is finger shaped. which way it is pointing i know not but  I think it must come out of the plume and hang downwards kind of claw like. i'll recheck mine and see if there is one.

Thanks yes i have read the description but with there being know picture wondered what it looks like.

23 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Thanks yes i have read the description but with there being know picture wondered what it looks like.

I wonder could that be it? More Arthritic finger like :)

1966helmet.jpg

On 10/29/2017 at 9:20 PM, zookeeperz said:

Found the punctuation differences on the 1967 pennies the round v oval saga :)

Can you explain please as I have a load of 1967 pennies I would like to check out.

Think we might be grasping at straws Zoo i wasnt expecting it to be anything special but was hoping it would be a bit more than that.:lol:

Maybe it is :)

Edited by PWA 1967

51 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Think we might be grasping at straws Zoo i wasnt expecting it to be anything special but was hoping it would be a bit more than that.:lol:

Maybe it is :)

yes I know mate was a bit of fun. I aint got a clue tbh. My eyes hurt I have looked at so many coins I don't even recognise my own currency any more lol :)

Whilst your here would you cough up £20 for this. historical cleaning

1893obv-horz.jpg

25 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I only look at and focus on pennies so will leave that for the silver gang :)

I have seen what I think is an 1892/1 penny. I don't mind the odd £10-£20 speculation from time to time. But £80 for a coin described as AU more closer to AEF . I am going to think long and hard on this 1. Big reward if it's ok but I have plenty of misfires already and I don't want a pricey 1 lols. What you think has a chance?

1892b.jpg

6 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Yes.......NO CHANCE :)

Got to give it to you Zoo, 10/10 for effort! :) 

37 minutes ago, Coinery said:

Got to give it to you Zoo, 10/10 for effort! :) 

I do try :D:ph34r:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

yes I know mate was a bit of fun. I aint got a clue tbh. My eyes hurt I have looked at so many coins I don't even recognise my own currency any more lol :)

Whilst your here would you cough up £20 for this. historical cleaning

1893obv-horz.jpg

The cleaning doesn't look historical enough for my liking, tops a tenner and a boiled egg.

Edited by Unwilling Numismatist
I kant spel
  • Like 1

Anybody found a Finger flaw yet ?.

I now think nobody is possibly interested in them or has even seen a picture to know what to look for ,i have none to even look at .

Edited by PWA 1967

On 31/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, UPINSMOKE said:

Can you explain please as I have a load of 1967 pennies I would like to check out.

Sorry smoke missed this post. See pic above in original post the colons I just picked The F: D: for simplicity left hand picture the colons are circular in formation whilst the colons on the second picture are oval in their formation or design. Both pictures were taken by myself from 2 coins from 1967 bank rolls at the same time one after the other all the distances are exactly the same

1967roundpunctuation-tile2.jpg

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Made me look at the thread ZOO i thought you had found a finger penny :D

I am still searching. I have some bank tubes all as struck to sift through yet. We might find the blighter yet :)

39 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

I am still searching. I have some bank tubes all as struck to sift through yet. We might find the blighter yet :)

Why your looking Zoo please have a look for a 1966 missing waves for me ;)

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Why your looking Zoo please have a look for a 1966 missing waves for me ;)

Not seen any on the 1966's the amount I have looked at there can't be many of them about?