British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

zookeeperz

1966 Finger Penny

with a whimsical undertone :D I found a line but it's on the right hand side of the lighthouse. I also found some strange defect at the top of the lighthouse making look like the outer stairwell they have that are always used for fight scenes in movies :). Also a fingerish flaw? Perhaps from a person of restricted height :) And a lonely mouse swimming off to join the navy :)

1966lineright.jpg

• Like 1

1966finger.jpg

1966stairwell.jpg

1966mouse.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

1966mouse.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I came across this in David Sealy's Coin Varieties column in the December 1969 issue of Coins and Medals.

img20180501_08282185.jpg

img20180501_08330569.jpg

It is probably the original report of this "variety". His explanation is as always, comprehensive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AardHawk said:

I came across this in David Sealy's Coin Varieties column in the December 1969 issue of Coins and Medals.

That must have come too late for inclusion in his survey of varieties in the 1970 annual - I've posted a link to my scan of that on Page 2 here.

58 minutes ago, Peckris said:

That must have come too late for inclusion in his survey of varieties in the 1970 annual - I've posted a link to my scan of that on Page 2 here.

Looks like I have the finger penny after all. That is the same as mine in the pics above :) Although why I was imagining some gigantic finger like your country needs you poking out I'll never know lols:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peckris said:

Peck, I would imagine it is so. 

3 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

Looks like I have the finger penny after all. That is the same as mine in the pics above :) Although why I was imagining some gigantic finger like your country needs you poking out I'll never know lols:lol:

Zkz, It would be nice to see a scan of your coin. Does it have the NE-SW fine parallel lines?

4 minutes ago, AardHawk said:

Peck, I would imagine it is so. 

Zkz, It would be nice to see a scan of your coin. Does it have the NE-SW fine parallel lines?

its up there above this section the last pic is my novelty mouse in the sea pic. same coin though

1966finger.jpg