British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

decimal two pence varieties

Hello, this is my first post on the forum so forgive me if my wording is not correct. After reading posts on 1 penny varieties I was wondering if anyone has done any research on 2 pences except just.me's post in 'Portcullis varieties on decimal penny' If anyone has then I would be very grateful if they could share it.

Thanks for your input :rolleyes:

2p or not 2p that is the question ...

On 18/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, thazz said:

Hello, this is my first post on the forum so forgive me if my wording is not correct. After reading posts on 1 penny varieties I was wondering if anyone has done any research on 2 pences except just.me's post in 'Portcullis varieties on decimal penny' If anyone has then I would be very grateful if they could share it.

Thanks for your input :rolleyes:

Hi thazz. David J Groom's book "The Identification of British 20th Century Bronze Coin Varieties" Covers all the Decimal Coins. 1971 2 pence has no less than 3 reverses as does 1975. 1976 has 2. 1977 has 2 obverse and 2 reverse types. there are a few others with different obverse and reverse types also the proofs of different years have  different obverse and reverse types. So yes a good book for 20th century bronzes and decimal issues. a must have book really. He also has the same book but title slightly different it is the silver and cupro edition.

See this 2p varieties

Edited by davidrj

On 31/10/2017 at 7:54 PM, zookeeperz said:

Hi thazz. David J Groom's book "The Identification of British 20th Century Bronze Coin Varieties" Covers all the Decimal Coins. 1971 2 pence has no less than 3 reverses as does 1975. 1976 has 2. 1977 has 2 obverse and 2 reverse types. there are a few others with different obverse and reverse types also the proofs of different years have  different obverse and reverse types. So yes a good book for 20th century bronzes and decimal issues. a must have book really. He also has the same book but title slightly different it is the silver and cupro edition.

Thanks, still a noob?