British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

UPINSMOKE

Christmas Sixpence 2017

I see the Royal Mint is doing a Christmas Sixpence are they worth going for to add to my sixpence collection, or to be avoided. I see they also did one in 2016 which was limited to 5000 and have sold out now. There is no mention of a limited amount for this year though. I may just get one just to see what there like in hand. 

2017 sixpence Rev.jpg2017 sixpence Obv jpg.jpg2017 sixpence packaging.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't appeal to me. I don't even consider it to be a sixpence - it's just a made up round shiny thing designed to relieve you of your dough. :angry:

• Like 4

very collectible, have 3 from last year, one in the wedding box and a couple of the Christmas pudding ones, already ordered 2 of this years, better value than the other tosh they are turning out at the drop of a hat 

I've just ordered some for stock. If you google Royal Mint Discount codes there's a code for a free 2016 £5 coin with all orders over £40. You also get free delivery on all orders over £45.

I had to put 6 orders through just to fill my boots on free stuff (yes some of it is crap but it all sells).

• Like 1

I think this is one of the better of the 'novelty' offerings from the RM I quite like it really! ?

19 minutes ago, argentumandcoins said:

I've just ordered some for stock. If you google Royal Mint Discount codes there's a code for a free 2016 £5 coin with all orders over £40. You also get free delivery on all orders over £45.

I had to put 6 orders through just to fill my boots on free stuff (yes some of it is crap but it all sells).

Thanks for the info but it's a bit late for me as I've already ordered mine. If anyone's got the 2016 6 pence spare I would be interested in it.