British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jester

New Member - Knows enough to be dangerous

Evening All,

I've been with The Silver Forum (TSF) for a while now and recently heard some chatter about another interesting group of collectors out on the Interweb so I thought I'd stop by and perhaps stay awhile.

I've been into PMs for about a year now.  Started as a Silver stacker but the collector gene that runs in my family firmly took hold and I've been into numismatics since.  When I first decided to leave the stacking bullion behind, I began buying everything that every world Mint said we should if we are "real" coin collectors and I quickly found myself out of money with a hodgepodge for a collection.

I was fortunate to be given wise counsel fairly early on from several veteran collectors on TSF to educate myself as much as possible before making any more purchases.  Short story long, I've since settled in, sold all that early stuff and have focused my efforts on quality Sixpences, Shillings and Florins from 1838 - 1910.  And I'm happy to say my library continues to grow along with my collection!

I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your stories and numismatic adventures.  Have a great weekend.

Edited by Jester
  • Like 1

Welcome Jester.

Great area of interest and one very common in Oz as we used the British silver until (and no doubt after) we got our own from 1910.

Cheers - Garrett.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jester said:

Evening All,

I've been with The Silver Forum (TSF) for a while now and recently heard some chatter about another interesting group of collectors out on the Interweb so I thought I'd stop by and perhaps stay awhile.

I've been into PMs for about a year now.  Started as a Silver stacker but the collector gene that runs in my family firmly took hold and I've been into numismatics since.  When I first decided to leave the stacking bullion behind, I began buying everything that every world Mint said we should if we are "real" coin collectors and I quickly found myself out of money with a hodgepodge for a collection.

I was fortunate to be given wise counsel fairly early on from several veteran collectors on TSF to educate myself as much as possible before making any more purchases.  Short story long, I've since settled in, sold all that early stuff and have focused my efforts on quality Sixpences, Shillings and Florins from 1838 - 1910.  And I'm happy to say my library continues to grow along with my collection!

I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your stories and numismatic adventures.  Have a great weekend.

Welcome to the forum, Jester. You'll get lots of friendly advice from this forum. The guys here are great! :) 

• Like 1