British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
zookeeperz

1965 Sixpence Different OBV to 3+4 listed

Have a butchers at this 1965 Sixpence. Looking in both Davies & Grooms books they identify Obv 3 with I of regina pointing to space and the 2nd A of GRATIA Also pointing to a space. This is different With the A pointing to a border tooth and not a space. New variety?

1965sixpenceobv-horz.jpg

Somebody is having a laugh, either at the mint in 1965, or post mint in a shed somewhere. The obverse is the 1953 one with BRITT OMN. Where is the coin? If on ebay, then someone is probably pulling a fast one. If you have it, then you should be able to check for a join where one side has been dropped into the other (probably the obv looking at the beading). If on ebay for a quid, then buy it and satisfy your curiosity.

It aint right whatever

Edited by Rob

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Somebody is having a laugh, either at the mint in 1965, or post mint in a shed somewhere. The obverse is the 1953 one with BRITT OMN. Where is the coin? If on ebay, then someone is probably pulling a fast one. If you have it, then you should be able to check for a join where one side has been dropped into the other (probably the obv looking at the beading). If on ebay for a quid, then buy it and satisfy your curiosity.

It aint right whatever

It's too much money for my blood tin of catfood I could get for the 38p :ph34r: . I'll get it just for curiosities sake. If it turns out to be legit i'll mention you in my memoirs lols :lol:

Changed my mind it's £1.65 I went to get it but it was part of a multiple sale . I do not want to get lumbered with a shed load of 1965's lol to go with the shed load already

1 hour ago, zookeeperz said:

Changed my mind it's £1.65 I went to get it but it was part of a multiple sale . I do not want to get lumbered with a shed load of 1965's lol to go with the shed load already

£1.65 is less than a pint. It's hardly going to break the bank. Most people pee that money away on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

£1.65 is less than a pint. It's hardly going to break the bank. Most people pee that money away on a daily basis.

I need to buy all 6 plus he might of sold that particular coin as its only a front picture for all of the lot but your welcome to here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-Elizabeth-II-sixpence-coin-of-Great-Britain-/152632658632

Forget it. The other years advertised from him also use the 1953 obverse, so you can have a full date run with the wrong obverse - not. I guarantee you won't receive what is pictured. He probably sold a 1953 at some time.

He uses the same obverse pic for his 1954 sixpence lots, I really wouldn’t get too excited about rare die combinations here, just look at the information available.

Jerry