British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Ukstu

Book Wanted

I am after a copy of :

The J. P. Mass Collection of English Short Cross Coins, 1180-1247: J.P.Mass Collection of English Short Cross Coins, 1180-1247 Vol 56 (Sylloge of Coins of the British Isles)

If anybody has a copy or knows where i can find a copy reasonably priced please let me know. 

Thanks. 

Thanks anyway Rob. If one pops up reserve it for me. It seems to be a hard one to track down nowadays. Only copy i can find online is at vcoins in the US , ridiculously priced as usual with any numistimatics books that cross the pond. 

You won't find a cheap Mass sylloge. I paid £100 for mine from Marshall Faintich after he had sold his collection through CNG, and that was a few years ago now. Everybody who collects that area and doesn't have one, wants it. If the copy in the US is comparably priced, I would buy it.

I saw one go on eBay a few years ago for £48. I stupidly never bid on it as i was more tied up with buying coins back then. Didn't appreciate the value of good literature then. The one on vcoins is £147 with extra for the postage.

I'll keep looking for now. One may pop up on eBay again. When people pass on the family just tend to throw the books on eBay for next to nothing not realising its worth. I may find one that way. 

Edited by Ukstu

CLOSED......Sourced one on eBay. ?

• Like 1

Thanks. Cost me £102 but its money well spent. 

• Like 1

I love a book.I put my nose down and another evening passes by.

• Like 4

On 30/10/2017 at 0:13 PM, Peter said:

I love a book.I put my nose down and another evening passes by.

Same here. When i am not collecting coins i am studying them. I sometimes feel frustrated with the lack of information in some numistimatics  books . Not this one above though just some in general. 

Sign in to follow this