British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Ukstu

Posting coins to Australia

I need some advice on how to go about posting some low value coins to a mate in Australia. I tryed today to send them at the post office and the lady said they would be taken as currency and destroyed by Australian customs. 

That was as much advice as i was given, i left package in hand shaking my head. I didn't realise it was so complicated. 

People must frequently sell items/coins on eBay to Australian citizens. How do i go about ensuring my coins reach my friend. Thanks in advance.

Stu. 

I was told that when I wanted to send a few coins and tokens over (as you low value under £20) and just decided to risk it and send them, they arrived there safely about a week later. I got the impression it was just the post office covering themselves in case they did get destroyed

• Like 1

I would just post them as collectable tokens,,cant see them just destroying a few coins :o

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Sounds like a plan. I'll just fill in a cn 22 declaration as collectable tokens. There not terribly valuable. I'd say 25 quid tops. A Longcross of Henry III and an irish 10p counterstamped from the troubles. 

Quite surprised at how unhelpful the PO staff were to be honest , a little bit of friendly advice wouldn't have gone a miss from them. 

I usually put Numismatica on the CN 22. Handwritten in shaky cursive script. No probs so far.

• Like 1

I've always put 'numismatic items' 

or 'die-cast metal disks' on the paperwork...

...and always tell the PO that they are gaming tokens if they enquire further! ?

• Like 1

Best to buy a pair of trainers and remove the heel.Slip your coins in surrounded by white powder and Hey presto!

Seriously just send them in a small package or even in a B/D card.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the feedback. Appreciate it. ?