British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rosscomann89

Need help to ID coin

I found this coin in my Grandads coin collection i think it could be a fake or a token, ive tried finding information but can seem to find anywhere online any help would be great. thanks

image1.JPG

Definitely a token. No coin would have such a terrible image of George IV on it. His hair looks like a bowl of spaghetti ? 

What's on the other side of it ?

Edited by Ukstu

It's a terrible counterfeit ?. Shocking , don't think I've ever seen one so bad lol. 

It looks to be a copy of a double sovereign which was issued as a cheap watch fob. St George & Dragon on the reverse.  There's probably a flat spot above his head where the suspension ring's been filed off.

Yeh it has the dragon on the reverse dated  1823. I had my suspicions it was a knock off but better to get it confirmed. I have over 200 coins I was giving so just working my way through them getting valuations.