British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Can someone please point me to simple instructions of uploading my personal avatar, despite searching hard and long I cannot find how to do this and due to the fact that most members have one I'm feeling left out and frustrated that I cannot figure out how to do it!

When it comes to techie stuff I'm a bit dumb so if I'm missing something obvious please bear with me. Thanks, Frank

if you click on your current silhouette avatar it will take you to your activity page. Then on the avatar next to your name there is a download picture icon.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IanB said:

if you click on your current silhouette avatar it will take you to your activity page. Then on the avatar next to your name there is a download picture icon.

Ah, so simple when you know how. many thanks for that Ian.

Edited by hibernianscribe

Thats the easy bit frank. Its resizing your image you may struggle with. 

12 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

Thats the easy bit frank. Its resizing your image you may struggle with. 

Thanks, I'll get there I think, but one step at a time!

• Like 1

Is it just my laptop/internet connection not loading things properly or have other members noticed that many of the avatars have been replaced with a cross in a little box? It's not a problem really just wondering :huh:

Might be an issue at your end. All seems fine on mine. (Android).

Must be then, I'll have to check it out

Works for me - it looks like it's being served by the forum too so if you're seeing other people's avatars you should be seeing your own.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr T said:

Works for me - it looks like it's being served by the forum too so if you're seeing other people's avatars you should be seeing your own.

I can see yours Mr T but many others are missing including my own

Are the avatars that load taking a while to load?

The solution to missing avatars is usually to flush the cache of your browser.

• Like 1

Cache problems certainly sounds most likely. Have you cleared your cache recently as part of a clean up? Or maybe manually deleted some of it? The web pages could be looking for the avatars in the cache and not finding them.

If you haven't flushed the cache recently, try that. Webpages will be slower to load for a bit while the system replaces all the components, but you will have got rid of a lot of junk too.

Try as a quick fix, when you have one of the broken avatars on the screen, hitting Shift-F5. That does a "hard refresh" (or at least it used to in older windows and hasn't been superceded). The webpage should refresh ignoring the cache and reloading all components, and that may fix the problem.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the suggestions but nothing has worked, will just have to put up with it for now as everything else on here and other websites loads fine and quickly