British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Getting silly now lol

17 minutes ago, craigy said:

Looks like its been ground and polished out looks really dodgy to me.:o:o

It used to be illegal to do than

6 minutes ago, copper123 said:

It used to be illegal to do than

So it isn't now then. :rolleyes::)

I think its legal for the penny squashing macines you find in various tourist places like eastboure

Edited by copper123

Beggars belief that punters would shell out £26.00 for a coin they know is fake.   

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, 1949threepence said:

Beggars belief that punters would shell out £26.00 for a coin they know is fake.   

Not really Mike, "a fool and their money" is a very old saying and applicable more so than ever!

• Like 1

That coin is a real minger

On 9/13/2017 at 0:34 AM, 1949threepence said:

Crazy prices to pay for copies I agree. Having collected all the 50ps (inc xmas IOM and Gibraltar) it rather annoys me that I still have two gaps: the Kew Gardens 50p and the EC 1992-93 50p. I just can't bring myself to pay such inflated prices for these two coins (or even for the cheaper copies for that matter).

I  paid £50 for a real one, so £26 for a copy's pushing it.  (I also dabble in 50p's - can't bring myself to pay the £60 odd being asked for a 2009 Shield - why are they so expensive?) 

I'll occasionally have a copy of a coin I'll never afford, eg the Petition & 1644 Oxford crowns (paid £10 for the first & 70 for the second). Was outbid on the copy H7 testoons at Stewartby - would never pay £3-400 even if an original is £40k.