British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

Silver Proof Kew gardens 50p

Any ideas how to make this coin a bit more aesthetically pleasing looking? The toning looks bad around the nose area.

20170821_101914~2.jpg

A close up picture. ?

20170821_102447~2.jpg

You wont be able to remove toning (it is what it is ) without making the coin look worse as a proof and will not benefit from being dipped IMO.

Unless someone else has some other idea :)

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

Any ideas how to make this coin a bit more aesthetically pleasing looking?

Buy another one :D:D No seriously I agree with  PWA 1967 best left alone.

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

Any ideas how to make this coin a bit more aesthetically pleasing looking? The toning looks bad around the nose area.

20170821_101914~2.jpg

have you owned it since new, some of my proofs from the mint have toned nasty

Guest Heavy T

This is why I tend to avoid buying modern silver proof coin. Silver sucks and will inevitably tone at some stage. Gold and platinum are best but unfortunately are ridiculously expensive compared to silver.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scott said:

could just turn it over

Indeed. Seriously, I agree it is best left alone especially as the queen wasn't exactly " aesthetically pleasing looking" in her eighties. (But she is and always will be well-loved by the nation!)

• Like 1