British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

21105748_10155840779392518_5168771421265Hi

Whilst removing my lounge ceiling I have come across a number of items including a British penny from 1863.

It is not in great condition and has no die number but researching it feel it could be a slender 3?

Can anyone advise?

Edited by Marc Whitlock
photo link not inserted

44 minutes ago, Marc Whitlock said:

21105748_10155840779392518_5168771421265Hi

Whilst removing my lounge ceiling I have come across a number of items including a British penny from 1863.

It is not in great condition and has no die number but researching it feel it could be a slender 3?

Can anyone advise?

Bog standard 3 I'm afraid. Slender three photo below for comparison:-

1863-f44-2-zoom.jpg?w=180&h=53

It's always very pleasing to make a discovery like this, regardless of rarity, since it provides a tangible link with the past, especially in one's own home. In my view much more exciting than digging up 'ordinary' finds  while metal detecting.

Yes what a fascinating find.  

Wonder how it got there.....   Is it an old house ?

Penny doesn't look too badly beaten up.....