British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Dumpling

Silver Proof Peter Rabbit 50p (2016)

Hi there,

I bought one of the Peter Rabbit 50p silver proof coins for my wife's birthday on the Royal Mint website last year, but have since noticed how people have been selling them for more than 10x the original price on eBay. Out of curiosity, I was wondering whether they are likely to further increase in value in the future? It's nice to think that something I thought was an affordable gift has now become a very expensive one.

Kind regards,

Karl

23 minutes ago, Dumpling said:

Hi there,

I bought one of the Peter Rabbit 50p silver proof coins for my wife's birthday on the Royal Mint website last year, but have since noticed how people have been selling them for more than 10x the original price on eBay. Out of curiosity, I was wondering whether they are likely to further increase in value in the future? It's nice to think that something I thought was an affordable gift has now become a very expensive one.

Kind regards,

Karl

i have noticed the other 3 from last year have crept up a bit, while people are prepared to pay they will go up, by how much who knows, silly money is changing hands for modern coins that are not rare 

I would take the profit at least its there unlike the last 300 royal mint released coins which have all left everyone suffering large losses