British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
spandy

help please

I've been collecting a while mostly late 1800 early 1900 coins, Ive just picked up a couple for the princely sum of £1.50 and am wondering about value and if it is worth getting them graded.. if so where to start. here's the pics.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3hrmLG

any help gratefully recieved

I was unsure whether to post the Aussie Florin in this Forum, does it count as half British lol. its in great nick I think. The third coin is toasted but if anyone has any ideas what it is they would be helpful. Thanks, Jon.

Edited by spandy
update

If genuine the 1921 Australian florin is quite valuable. The George III is a contemporary counterfeit. The George IV has a silver bullion value only.

• Like 1

The George IV looks like a shilling or sixpence (depending on size) from 1825-29.