British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Elizabeth Halfpenny

Found this little stunner back end of last autumn,   lovely little coin, Elizabeth I Halfpenny, not the most common of coins, but not rare. always wanted to find one, some do have a mint mark some like this do not, they also did these during James I reign but his has a Thistle Mint mark

P1020145.jpg

P1020146.jpg

• Like 1

In bed and can't quite, off the top of my head, remember the chronology of the no-mark HP. The single portcullis punch has been a blessing in determining the the dates of these coins! The portcullis failed so distinctly and was equally repaired in distinctive stages.

The point I was trying to make is your's may not be a no-mark coin? I can't recall without the book the period of the no-mark, but it would need to be early, as your portcullis is very much intact!

18 hours ago, Coinery said:

The point I was trying to make is your's may not be a no-mark coin? I can't recall without the book the period of the no-mark, but it would need to be early, as your portcullis is very much intact!

6th issue 1582 - 1600 had no MM,  

• Like 1

They were of course all 6th issue, I just couldn't remember the sequence the PMs were in. The no-mark HP is the earliest in the lineup, occurring instead of the bell PM, so would be right for the complete portcullis punch.

I'll get m' coat! ?

1 hour ago, Coinery said:

They were of course all 6th issue, I just couldn't remember the sequence the PMs were in. The no-mark HP is the earliest in the lineup, occurring instead of the bell PM, so would be right for the complete portcullis punch.

I'll get m' coat! ?

1 hour ago, Coinery said:

I'll get m' coat! ?

i had to get me spinks out just to confirm lol    was there issues with the dies for this coin and is there a book about her coinage ???

Your a bugger Stewie.I tend to buy more books than coins nowadays.;)

• Like 1

Hah! I can still barely afford one or the other at the moment, Peter! Getting there, though! ?

14 hours ago, Coinery said:

Hah! I can still barely afford one or the other at the moment, Peter! Getting there, though! ?

got books coming out my ears, still trying to work my way through them, cant ever have enough books though