British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Slabbed Potter

Not something i normally buy although i have been collecting them, i think they are worth the money because they are packaged fantastically in the clear perspex box thing, anyway saw this come up on ebay and had a bit of a spur of the moment bid winning it for £71 inc postage,  a little over face value, i spose the 68 grade knocked it a bit,  to be honest i can't see anything with the naked eye and have had a good look. you would think something new and not touched by hand would get a 70 or could be the dies have gone a bit funny as the coin is numbered early 29,000's, anyway, for little over the £60 when bought form the mint and it came with box etc i think its not a bad deal, 

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

• Like 1

nice one ;) going to go for the rest then? 

personally i have no idea how the 2016 peter rabbit has ended up being a £700 coin but we live in new days :) 

15 hours ago, rpeddie said:

personally i have no idea how the 2016 peter rabbit has ended up being a £700 coin but we live in new days :) 

what slabbed ? have all the rest in the perspex block, i wont go out my way to get a slabbed one, i know crazy price for the 2016 peter rabbit, if i knew how well they would sell i would have bought more instead of the 2 i did at the time 

Edited by craigy

15 hours ago, Paulus said:

Simon Willis often has some great coins for sale, but in all honesty the TPG grading of this one seems like a joke!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-Old-Head-Coinage-1900-Silver-Crown-S3937-PCGS-MS64-Choice-UNC-/172787889545?hash=item283af5f589:g:VVkAAOSwXY5ZSWXr

of all the slabbed one's i have seen NGC seem to be the fairest,  i have a couple of NGC's and would only buy coins graded by them 

On 8/14/2017 at 0:58 AM, Paulus said:

Simon Willis often has some great coins for sale, but in all honesty the TPG grading of this one seems like a joke!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-Old-Head-Coinage-1900-Silver-Crown-S3937-PCGS-MS64-Choice-UNC-/172787889545?hash=item283af5f589:g:VVkAAOSwXY5ZSWXr

Almost EF would be more like it .pricewise (still seems a bit steep ,if it was MS64) He seems to be selling the slab with its grading ,rather than the coin inside .He does have some really nice coins .

Edited by mick1271

I saw the title 'Slabbed Potter' and thought have they released a harry potter coin now??? :blink:

On 8/14/2017 at 1:08 AM, rpeddie said:

It ended up like that because it was the first in a new series and a relatively small mintage, the 2nd coin came out to a shark pool type frenzy with actual queuing on the RM website of 84,000 people, problem being most were buying to make a quick buck and it basically flopped a few days later, so now the greed merchants who bought 5 or 6 are stuck with something they don't actually want B)

• Like 1