British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
declan03

This listing gave me a chuckle this morning...

59 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Haha. Find a dictionary and a pin, see what words you can randomly hit then put it on eBay as a description. :lol:

Edited by Peckris
  • Like 1

I so loved the way he filled up the purse with the coins and rubble!! ?????

The title states "house clearance". He then claims it is a "metal detecting find"....

10 hours ago, declan03 said:

I so loved the way he filled up the purse with the coins and rubble!! ?????

Whereas the eBay description is just rubble!

• Like 1

Haha, i hope he emptied the rubble as it will cost him a fortune in postage!!

• Like 1

On 02/08/2017 at 11:05 PM, Sword said:

The title states "house clearance". He then claims it is a "metal detecting find"....

No he doesn't. He has it listed as a mettle detecting find. I would suggest he is wanting in that department. Crap English, with all the full stops saved up for the end to save having to scratch his head wondering where to put them in the unintelligible mess he so carelessly constructed.

This country is seriously going to the dog's (sic)

6 hours ago, Rob said:

No he doesn't. He has it listed as a mettle detecting find. I would suggest he is wanting in that department. Crap English, with all the full stops saved up for the end to save having to scratch his head wondering where to put them in the unintelligible mess he so carelessly constructed.

This country is seriously going to the dog's (sic)

I do find his listings quite entertaining….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/house-clearance-finds-VERY-RARE-OLD-5-POUND-NOTE-INCLUDED-/162610736782?hash=item25dc5aee8e:g:EsYAAOSwA3dYNPH0

4 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

I do find his listings quite entertaining….

I don't, though this is not restricted to the person above. It's the incessant listing of (badly or deliberately misdescribed) crap on eBay that has killed off the fun. 12 or 14 years ago the British coins listed ran to about 3000 items at most. When I last looked it was well into 6 figures, most of which were 'very rare' coins from change struck in the last year or two, or washers that were hard to identify.

eBay could do the world a great service by charging an up front fee with no charge for relisting and no final value fee. It would kill off much of the speculative s***e

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I don't, though this is not restricted to the person above. It's the incessant listing of (badly or deliberately misdescribed) crap on eBay that has killed off the fun. 12 or 14 years ago the British coins listed ran to about 3000 items at most. When I last looked it was well into 6 figures, most of which were 'very rare' coins from change struck in the last year or two, or washers that were hard to identify.

eBay could do the world a great service by charging an up front fee with no charge for relisting and no final value fee. It would kill off much of the speculative s***e

It would also kill of the massive profits that the robbing barstewards make, a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

I don't even search on there now and was a little peeved to find a very rare 3d had sold via auction 4 weeks ago for less than £60. My own stupid fault but the plethora of pish puts me off searching!

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

I too gave up looking sometime ago. So much tat.  My only visits these days are via the links provided here.

should just ban selling circulation coins for profit.. that's half of ebay cleared

• Like 1

1 hour ago, argentumandcoins said:

It would also kill of the massive profits that the robbing barstewards make, a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

I don't even search on there now and was a little peeved to find a very rare 3d had sold via auction 4 weeks ago for less than £60. My own stupid fault but the plethora of pish puts me off searching!

some real bargains going on the bay atm, picked up a beautiful; 1937 proof crown yesterday for peanuts 

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scott said:

should just ban selling circulation coins for profit.. that's half of ebay cleared

That would have potential if there was some way of tying current coinage to face value transactions only, but I can't see one at present. Actively removing misrepresented items would go a long way, but as John points out, it aint gonna happen if it costs eBay

I visited last night for the first time in ages. Early Milled has become a shop front for sellers of replica coins as too, along with people hoping to make a small profit on bullion sovereigns, has Victorian. This on top of all the usual washers and damaged tat, very depressing. Look at these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bitsandbobs.etc/m.html?item=282596793063&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by Michael-Roo

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

I visited last night for the first time in ages. Early Milled has become a shop front for sellers of replica coins as too, along with people hoping to make a small profit on bullion sovereigns, has Victorian. This on top of all the usual washers and damaged tat, very depressing. Look at these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bitsandbobs.etc/m.html?item=282596793063&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Not a bad replica compared to many I've seen.

I dont think he will sell 20 1862 though for £2.50 and you can make an offer :o

I am perfectly happy to see these, correctly advertised as replicas, on the bay because it should alert the idiots to the existence of these copies. I can then feel much less sorry for those tw*ts that do pay big money for similar from fraudsters. It is a small price to pay for personal peace of mind.?

Jerry

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont think he will sell 20 1862 though for £2.50 and you can make an offer :o

Teach me .....i thought it said 1862 and didnt bother looking at the picture ,they are 1962 so quite cheap really :D

Yes i agree Jerry not a problem when listed correctly however the sellers who relist them get on my fu£$%n nerves.:(