British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

O.k. I,m rubbish with computers but...

Is there any easy way to attach an ebay item on to here? I see there is something called a URL. If i put the ebay item number in the box provided, would that be correct?

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Is there any easy way to attach an ebay item on to here? I see there is something called a URL. If i put the ebay item number in the box provided, would that be correct?

Thanks in advance. 

You mean a link.

Just go to whatever the URL is at the top of the e bay page you are on - obviously this is the web address beginning "www.".

Assuming you're on an ordinary PC, highlight that address by holding down the left click of the mouse and drawing the cursor across the address. The text should turn blue. Release the left hand part of the mouse. Then, with the cursor still over the highlighted text, right click the mouse and left click "copy".

Then, on here, when posting click on the symbol that looks like a linked chain, just to the right of the "U". Get your cursor In the URL box, then right click and then click "paste". If you want to use your own text such as "click here" enter that in the box below. Then left click where it says "insert into post"   

Of course, if you want, you can even do it by literally writing down the text of the URL (web address) and enter it manually in the chain link box on here.    

Hope that helps.  

O.k 1949 threepence. ..thank you very much.I think i,ve cracked it. Your help is once again much appreciated.  I will go and try another thread and test it out. Glad your not charging for all this info!!

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

O.k 1949 threepence. ..thank you very much.I think i,ve cracked it. Your help is once again much appreciated.  I will go and try another thread and test it out. Glad your not charging for all this info!!

Always pleased to be of service, Declan B)

12 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

You mean a link.

Just go to whatever the URL is at the top of the e bay page you are on - obviously this is the web address beginning "www.".

Assuming you're on an ordinary PC, highlight that address by holding down the left click of the mouse and drawing the cursor across the address. The text should turn blue. Release the left hand part of the mouse. Then, with the cursor still over the highlighted text, right click the mouse and left click "copy".

Then, on here, when posting click on the symbol that looks like a linked chain, just to the right of the "U". Get your cursor In the URL box, then right click and then click "paste". If you want to use your own text such as "click here" enter that in the box below. Then left click where it says "insert into post"   

Of course, if you want, you can even do it by literally writing down the text of the URL (web address) and enter it manually in the chain link box on here.    

Hope that helps. 

Actually just looking at this again, I slightly misled you there. It actually begins "https" - that bit must be included, or the link won't work. Apologies.  

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 1

It worked!! Thank you. You should mb start a new forum on computer skills!!

Much appreciated. 

• Like 1