British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

Charles 1st Halfcrown info.

Hi again guys.

Hope you don,t mind, but as mentioned before i am quite new to collecting hammered coins. This is the latest one i purchased which is a Charles 1st halfcrown. It weighs 15g and width is 33mm. It looks and feels the part but i would like a 2nd opinion on it please as i would hate it to be another fake as it was quite expensive.

Thanks in advance. 

Kevin

20170720_134031~2.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing wrong that I can see, though no reverse image. Why would you think it wrong?

It looks fine to me. A nice looking coin as well i might add. Post it up on latest acquisitions I'd love to see the other side.

Thanks Rob and Ukstu.

Couldn't find any faults Rob but i better be safe than sorry and get a 2nd opinion from you. New to collecting hammered coins this last year and this has been the most expensive coin to date and didn't want it to be an expensive mistake. I,ve about a dozen other hammered coins i possibly naively bought over the last year on ebay, thinking everyone was as honest as myself. Would it be possible for you to give them a quick once over if i put a group picture of them on at some point?

Sorry about only having one side of the coin showing. I only can seem to list one picture per post due to it being over 501kb. Not sure what to do to address this issue.

Yes sure post them up. To publish more than one picture you add one image post the message then go back to it and hit edit. Add the further image , post it then edit and so on just following that routine. You can only do that for a short while though , the edit feature expires after a period of time. If it does just add on to the topic and continue the run. 

Edited by Ukstu