British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

TICKET CENTRAL

Big hat off to Rob think a fantastic future reference .

I posted here as did not want to disrupt the thread and find really interesting.

Be good if anyone can add others :)

• Like 1

Thanks Pete.

However, an inauspicious start has been made. In the second post I corrected Mrs E M H NORWEB to NORWEB, Mrs E M H to put the surname first, and then forgot to save it. Doh. Must try harder.

i'm assuming the tickets are more collectible than some coins, do they have that smell of age to them ? love picking up old books and getting a whiff of the past if that makes sense lol 

I should of changed the topic title slightly but cant alter it now ............. i am used to getting things wrong the first time :D

Fantastically interesting. Thank you very much indeed, Rob. 

Not sure how easy it is for Admins to reorder a thread (Chris or Matt might be able to), but I've pinned it so it will be easily found.

OK, it appears I can remove comment posts from the Ticket thread and put them here to keep the 'original' tidy, so there's a result!  :D

Thank you.

Can you also edit the Norweb one to read surname first? Ta.

Edited by Rob

I never realised that "Norweb" was an actual surname. It sounds like the description for a regional gas or electric concern :ph34r:   

45 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I never realised that "Norweb" was an actual surname. It sounds like the description for a regional gas or electric concern :ph34r:   

It had a f******g good collection for a regional electricity company . Mind you, if one woman can power the whole of the north-west, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised at anything. :mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Thank you.

Can you also edit the Norweb one to read surname first? Ta.

Afraid my powers don't appear to allow me to edit posts Rob.  Maybe @Nordle if he sees this?

17 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

Afraid my powers don't appear to allow me to edit posts Rob.  Maybe @Nordle if he sees this?

We could do with someone with more powers to edit here. Nordle doesn't seem to come on much and nor does Chris.

Stuart suggested putting it on my site which would be possible to edit, but given there are more people on this forum at any one time than I get as visitors in a whole day, that would be a waste of time. The whole point was to have something useful that people would access and read.

CALLING PAULUS.

I vote you for the moderator Paul regular on here and have all the computer and coin knowledge.

Dont worry Paul i dont think you need an interview or CV :D

Think its something you cant refuse and plenty street cred ;)

31 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

CALLING PAULUS.

I vote you for the moderator Paul regular on here and have all the computer and coin knowledge.

Dont worry Paul i dont think you need an interview or CV :D

Think its something you cant refuse and plenty street cred ;)

I'd be happy to help administrate and//or moderate, guess that's up to @Chris Perkins

10 hours ago, Rob said:

We could do with someone with more powers to edit here. Nordle doesn't seem to come on much and nor does Chris.

Stuart suggested putting it on my site which would be possible to edit, but given there are more people on this forum at any one time than I get as visitors in a whole day, that would be a waste of time. The whole point was to have something useful that people would access and read.

The other admin person listed in the staff directory is "Scottish Money", who hasn't made an appearance on here for over a year, since 12th June 2016. 

Also, as you indicate, Matt seems to have lost interest, for the time being at least, or maybe he's busy with other things. 

On 12 July 2017 at 8:27 PM, 1949threepence said:

Me too - for the longest time I thought it stood for NorthWest Electricity Board :lol: 

• Like 1

Me too. I'd assumed that it was a pension fund purchase along the lines of British Rail's huge art collection.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Mrs N would have appreciated being thought of as something servicing the whole of the north west of the UK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peckris said:

Me too - for the longest time I thought it stood for NorthWest Electricity Board :lol: 

Yep, exactly my thought !!! :P

• Like 1

WOW thats really expensive for a 1897 high tide (considered more scarce than the low tide)

You would really struggle to get that for a 1897 farthing even in unc .

I think these victoria old heads (apart from 1901) are a bit scarcer than folks think in GEF and above  with 1896 and 1895 the scarceist

Edited by copper123