British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

hibernianscribe

Problems using 'quote' when posting from my W10 laptop

This appears to be unique to my W10 laptop. When posting it won't allow me to quote the message I wish to reply to. When I click on the tab, the function remains 'loading' but never loads. It's obviously being thwarted by something on my device - any suggestions? It works fine if I use my smartphone (albeit an old, non-trendy Blackberry) or if I try from my pc at work which is Windows 7. 

Edited by hibernianscribe

On 7/11/2017 at 9:24 AM, hibernianscribe said:

This appears to be unique to my W10 laptop. When posting it won't allow me to quote the message I wish to reply to. When I click on the tab, the function remains 'loading' but never loads. It's obviously being thwarted by something on my device - any suggestions? It works fine if I use my smartphone (albeit an old, non-trendy Blackberry) or if I try from my pc at work which is Windows 7. 

Can 't advise you I'm afraid, except the usual, like re-boot your laptop, which I've no doubt you've already done.

All I can say is that when the site was re-vamped a couple of years or so ago, there were a whole stack of weird technical issues which arose, many of them seemingly related to different devices. 

The only other thing you could do, is to copy and paste the message you want to quote, directly into the normal message box, and go from there. Just a thought. I'm not sure whether or not it would alert the poster you'd quoted when they logged on again, but at least you would have quoted them.      

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, 1949threepence said:

Can 't advise you I'm afraid, except the usual, like re-boot your laptop, which I've no doubt you've already done.

All I can say is that when the site was re-vamped a couple of years or so ago, there were a whole stack of weird technical issues which arose, many of them seemingly related to different devices. 

The only other thing you could do, is to copy and paste the message you want to quote, directly into the normal message box, and go from there. Just a thought. I'm not sure whether or not it would alert the poster you'd quoted when they logged on again, but at least you would have quoted them.      

Thanks for your feedback Mike,

Yes, I've done the reboot thing but to no avail. I think I'll have to live with it - as you see I've quoted you OK since I'm at work and I'll just have to use my alternatives when I need to.

Sometimes these gremlins work themselves out with updates etc. so hopefully it'll resolve in the future.

Frank