British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

JOYNER, J T

Collection of hammered from early Anglo-Saxon through to Stuart sold by DNW on 4th December 2013. White card.

JOYNER J T.jpg

WALLIS, D

Collection of British milled coins sold at DNW on 30th September 2009.

Wallis D.jpg

FARQUHAR, H L

Helen Farquhar, a collector of mainly Charles I material, the collection sold at Glendining on 25th April 1955. Tickets 29 or 37mm with scruffy handwriting.

Farquhar.jpg

Edited by Rob

PARSONS, H A

Two collections, the first sold at Sotheby 28th October 1929, the second at Glendining 11th May 1954. Tickets are 1" or slightly less with minimal information.

Parsons H A.jpg

Edited by Rob

STUDIO COINS (Stephen Mitchell)

White tickets 29 or 30mm diameter written on one side only. The red line with the monarch above is similar in appearance to those of Dupree.

Studio Coins.jpg

EAGLEN, R J

Collection of Edwardian Sterlings sold through DNW in 2017. Each coin came with his 2x2 envelope, and tickets 25mm dia, one giving coin details and provenance, and a second with the references pertaining to his book on the Bury St. Edmunds mint.

Eaglen R J.jpg

On 16 September 2017 at 3:27 PM, Rob said:

DENNIS DUNKERTON (dealer)

Square yellowish cream card.

Dennis Dunkerton.jpg

Windsor Coins? I bought several coins from John Dunkerton (equally neat labels) but am not sure if Dennis is his son or his father. Looking at the price of that 1904 penny, that would be post-1970s and therefore presumably the son. (I met both again at the Midland Fair, late 90s)

Edited by Peckris

7 hours ago, Peckris said:

Windsor Coins? I bought several coins from John Dunkerton (equally neat labels) but am not sure if Dennis is his son or his father. Looking at the price of that 1904 penny, that would be post-1970s and therefore presumably the son. (I met both again at the Midland Fair, late 90s)

Denis is the son. His father died last December. The penny was a maundy bought earlier this year for a customer.

• Like 1

Any info on these please? 

DSCF9434.JPG

DSCF9435.JPG

DSCF9436.JPG

The first one I should know, but the name eludes me.

Bottom one looks like a Seaby ticket. Plus, the price of £75 suggests it is late 80s or early 90s. Coincraft 2000 gives a VF price of £100.

One day Coincraft will catch up with their pricing.I suppose they only need a couple of mugs per week.

13 hours ago, Rob said:

The first one I should know, but the name eludes me.

Bottom one looks like a Seaby ticket. Plus, the price of £75 suggests it is late 80s or early 90s. Coincraft 2000 gives a VF price of £100.

Thanks Rob.

2 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Thanks Rob.

There is a possibility the bottom one could be S&B, as they also used yellow tickets, but the number looks a bit high. A full ticket would help.

Halse, A

29mm diameter pale yellow written in ink on one side only.

Halse 29 dia yellow.jpg

Hello Rob,

Would you say that this is from the Boyd sale? Striking similarities in the handwriting. The GHC stamp in red is also interesting me, any ideas?

thanks for any help

Paul

Ticket.jpeg

• Like 1

It is the same handwriting both sides and is a Boyd ticket. The GHG signifies that the coins came from Boyd's maternal uncle, George Henry Gaviller and were probably inherited on his death in 1880. Further reading can be had in the extensive foreword to the Boyd catalogue. The price code is made from a mixture of archaic Greek and Runes. This presumably was Boyd assigning a value to his coins.

• Like 2

Thank you very much Rob, I really appreciate this information. 

COCKANYE, F.S.

Round white card 26mm diameter, written on both sides in ink with the reverse as 'medal alignment' when the ticket is turned over. From his collection of tokens acquired by Baldwins C1946

IMGP3933 (2).JPG

IMGP3934 (2).JPG

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, mrbadexample said:

Any info on these please? 

DSCF9434.JPG

C.J. Boismason.

don’t want to be pedantic mrbadexample, but i believe that it is CJ Boismaison👍🏽

38 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

don’t want to be pedantic mrbadexample

You should be, thank you. :) Error copied from DNW. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 6:09 PM, Rob said:

PARSONS, H A

Two collections, the first sold at Sotheby 28th October 1929, the second at Glendining 11th May 1954. Tickets are 1" or slightly less with minimal information.

Parsons H A.jpg

Another:

DSCF9620.jpg

That isn't a Parsons ticket, rather the end buyer of lot 879 (don't have the buyer's name). 1528 will be a stock number looking at the colour of the ink and that on the other side of the ticket.