British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

alex

misspelled magna carta 2 pound coin

Hi i have a magna carta 2 pound coin which is supposed to say "foundation OF liberty" on the side, but the one i have says "foundation OI liberty".

Does anyone know how much this would increase the value by?

Thanks! 

It's just die fill that has caused the missing bars of the F.  I doubt it would increase the value.

1 hour ago, alex said:

Hi i have a magna carta 2 pound coin which is supposed to say "foundation OF liberty" on the side, but the one i have says "foundation OI liberty".

Does anyone know how much this would increase the value by?

Thanks! 

It is unlikely to increase its value because it is not an error as indicated by Nick, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to find someone on eBay with more money than sense who will be willing to pay over the odds.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

It is unlikely to increase its value because it is not an error as indicated by Nick, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to find someone on eBay with more money than sense who will be willing to pay over the odds.

lots of people pushing the boundary's of error coins and mistrikes on ebay lol, gives coin sellers a bad name 

Guest Akash

Hi I have a Magna Carta 2 pound coin with no edge inscription, is this a fake or does it have some value?

thanks 

No edge inscription is normally indicative of a cheap copy as found here and therefore it's worth nothing at all ;)

Guest Kyru

Question is the edge writing meant to be at an extreme slanting angle or straight letters like on other £2 coins? 

Extreme angle is correct. Reads "Foundation of Liberty". No idea why they went for italics!