British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

!953 frosted proof halfcrown

You can still ask to return it. If you don't then nothing will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob said:

You can still ask to return it. If you don't then nothing will happen.

Exactly what Rob said. If you are not happy ask for a return and refund or alternatively ask to change the item for something you do want?

4 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

The difference is Paul you know what your buying.

Still a LOT to learn but you guys are helping me all the time :)

19 hours ago, Nonmortuus said:

Still a LOT to learn but you guys are helping me all the time :)

can't know every thing about everything, English Hammered pennies is my thing, 1180 - 1272,   Henry III's voided long cross pennies is my specialty though, 

On 7/2/2017 at 11:07 PM, craigy said:

right just found there latest paperlist delivered inte post, described as 1953 proof half crown cgs variety 05 FDC, need to find out what this cgs variety 05 is  

Cgs variety 05  I of DEI points to space frosted Proof value (cgs) Grade 85 £275 Grade 88 £350........ in this case not really important as not in a slab.

52 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Cgs variety 05  I of DEI points to space frosted Proof value (cgs) Grade 85 £275 Grade 88 £350........ in this case not really important as not in a slab.

i know what rendel has done he's looked at the one that sold 2 years ago on the london coins website which a a standard not the plastic type I points to space , its a standard proof, i told him this yesterday

On 03/07/2017 at 8:19 PM, craigy said:

its not been mis described thats the problem, i never rush into things but i did this time, thats why i'm gutted, you know something weird, when i first held the coin i never got that feeling from it, if that makes sense, you can feel if a coins special it gives out a radiance a feeling  

As I am only prepared to allocate a modest budget for my hobby, I try hard to avoid buying a coin just to “tick a box” or that is a low grade rare date or that is not visually appealing (either design or condition). This is precisely because if I do buy such a coin, I won’t get a big buzz or that “radiance feeling” as you put it. (Personally, I find it difficult to get excited with this QEII halfcrown design, no matter how rare the variety might be.)

On a different note, I hope you will soon resolve this issue with the dealer.

• Like 1