British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

Re: Real??

Good morning guys.

Well, eventually received the ruling from ebay this morning. Would you believe they ruled in favour of the seller? With a small footnote stating that the seller described the item accurately. Case closed.

I am on holiday just now but they have not heard the last of this.

More later.

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Good morning guys.

Well, eventually received the ruling from ebay this morning. Would you believe they ruled in favour of the seller? With a small footnote stating that the seller described the item accurately. Case closed.

I am on holiday just now but they have not heard the last of this.

More later.

Message sent.

Hi again.

Latest on ebay. I telephoned ebay this morning. Nice girl who i dealt with and had a bit of savvy about her. When i pointed out to her where the word copy had been partly erased, and pointed her to Dorchester coins site (thanks Tom) she agreed with me that it was a fake and reversed the ruling, giving me a full refund, as the description never mentioned copy or fake. Although she did say that their policy is usully not to go by photographic evidence. I,ve left the seller omega2 nice feedback for the fake.

Thanks for all your help. 

Regards. 

Kevin  

• Like 1

Well done. I knew it would pan out well in the end. 

Good stuff!

Glad the seller has been FU%"*D OFF he should of just given you a refund straight away ;)

• Like 1

I'm really pleased to hear it all turned out well for you in the end.

On 12/07/2017 at 0:20 PM, declan03 said:

Hi again.

Latest on ebay. I telephoned ebay this morning. Nice girl who i dealt with and had a bit of savvy about her. When i pointed out to her where the word copy had been partly erased, and pointed her to Dorchester coins site (thanks Tom) she agreed with me that it was a fake and reversed the ruling, giving me a full refund, as the description never mentioned copy or fake. Although she did say that their policy is usully not to go by photographic evidence. I,ve left the seller omega2 nice feedback for the fake.

Thanks for all your help. 

Regards. 

Kevin  

"usually not to go by photographic evidence"?! Unbelievable!

Glad it worked out. 

2 hours ago, Sword said:

"usually not to go by photographic evidence"?! Unbelievable!

Glad it worked out. 

I know. The only way the evidence could be put towards them was by photograph unless they where willing to come direct to your door for an explanation of why it was fake. 

I find their attitude towards it shoddy at the least. If Declan had not persisted the case they would of been favouring the seller (fraudster).  Happy it was sorted eventually. 

• Like 1

Its terrible a huge company like ebay do not have a couple of coin experts to sort these fraudsters out. After all they must be raking in millions on coins alone. Here's another case finishing tonight (Thursday 10.10pm) of a kew gardens 50p being sold at auction . Standing at £63 just now. No mention of it being a copy and still on sale even though i reported it. Its a minefield out there!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, declan03 said:

After all they must be raking in millions on coins alone.

That's the point though, isn't it?

Genuine coin sells: ebay get paid.

Fake coin sells: ebay get paid.

Fake coins sells at inflated price due to shill bidding: ebay get paid more.

Where, exactly, is their incentive to do anything about it? If anything, they tacitly encourage it whilst pretending it's not allowed. :(

• Like 2

Pissing into the wind reporting anything to them unfortunately. I've given up doing that now and since I got threatened I've given up hassling the sellers to remove or be clear about what they sell. Unfortunately it's crawling with crooks on there. I've even been fleeced buying stuff for my kids (toys) .  Best thing we can all do is be wary about what we buy and fight our corner if something goes wrong , we can't rely on eBay for anything other than replace or refund and if they start to deny us that liberty I'll be throwing the towel in and shopping elsewhere.

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

Left feedback for omega_2 on Tuesday, it goes.... ....Fake seller. Sold a Charles 1st shilling copy. Avoid. Ebay refunded.Would you believe ebay have now removed the negative feedback? Totally agree with those comments about their site. Awful!!

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Left feedback for omega_2 on Tuesday, it goes.... ....Fake seller. Sold a Charles 1st shilling copy. Avoid. Ebay refunded.Would you believe ebay have now removed the negative feedback? Totally agree with those comments about their site. Awful!!

I think it is worth following  this up and ask Ebay for their reason in removing the negative feedback. The seller has wasted too much of your time and you will at least get some satisfaction with a permanent negative feedback.