British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Just been told that Hiram Brown (Edinburgh coin shop) passed quite suddenly last Friday.

He was one of the major Penny collectors in the country and an expert on the subject,

A bad year for the hobby keeps getting worse.

Bugger. He was quite a character.

Been talking to a couple of people who are going to his funeral on Tuesday.

Must of been a well liked guy.

Edited by PWA 1967

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Bugger. He was quite a character.

Aye, I could recount a tale or two about him.....

Really sorry to learn of his passing - RIP. 

I knew Hiram through Laurie Bamford, another great old-timer in the world of pennies. Visited his shop in Edinburgh on West Crosscauseway (a hike up from the train station) in December 2004, and met up with him for coffee at Coinex in 2007. As Rob implied …lots of stories, he was quite a character… R.I.P. Hiram

InforaPenny

I knew Hiram only the last few years. The vast majority of higher grade coins, I have in my collection, were purchased from him. You knew from talking to him, his knowledge was second to none. a true expert in the field of coins, that I'm sure will be sorely missed. He was also regarded as having the largest collection of coins in the country. Definitely a huge loss, to the hobby we all enjoy. RIP Hiram......

Sad news indeed, will remember him everytime I look at the Robert the Bruce penny he sold me. Will also miss him outbidding me at my favourite local auction...