British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

I'm a Cow now.

I've changed my avatar because I quite like comical looking cows. In fact, I've liked comical looking cows as long as I can remember, but it only just occured to me that a comical cow would look pretty good as an avatar.

The cow in the picture is '929' from near the Strangford loch, Co. Down NI. I was staying once in a farmhouse behind his field and I took my camera to search for comical cows. Out of the entire herd in the field, 929 was the only cow to show me any interest, in fact the others all backed away when I went anywhere near them.

So as a change from Dee Snider, you'll now have to get used to me as a friendly cow instead.

(929 was of course, the number on the plastic tag attaced to her ear)

Hmm...at first I couldnt make it out :D ...I think I prefered your old 'custom user title' though.

About time for a change :D

Strangford Lough is a pretty part of the country, on the Ards Penninsula. Still can't see the cow tho...

You can't see the cow? It's a big cow nose, as it almost sniffed the camera. The black area in the upper left is the black nose and there's an ear with a small tag in it, on the udder side ;)

Hope its not all Bull :D

I rest my case!

Cows are comical, people can't stop themselves making cow jokes, and it's so easy and yet so effective.

No wonder certain religions have sacred cows.

Behind that bull!

Guest Peter_I'm_a_Guest

I can't see a cow either!

Maybe I have the wrong mental attitude :lol:

Cow

You really can't see the cow? Or are you pulling my hoof?

I changed mine too :)

For those that cannot see Chris' avatar, perhaps you have the option turned off.

At the top of the page, click on the "My Controls" link

when that page loads, towards the bottom left, click on the "Board Settings" link

when that page loads, half ways down, "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading threads?" with a Yes/No option.

Does anyone here remember the comedy cow I used to use?? The one that had its ear and nose pierced, and was smoking?

...and was smoking...

We did not realise that it was smoking, or at least I didn't if I remember rightly :)

Does anyone here remember the comedy cow I used to use?? The one that had its ear and nose pierced, and was smoking?

Ah yes, I remeber that. There was me thinking I was being original.

Cows are so funny aren't they.

Cows are so funny aren't they.

Ermintrude was the classiest cow ever!

There was that memorable episode of "The magic roundabout" c.1969 when Ermintrude was looking for a new hat. After trying several she found her original one which looked up at her and, in a perfect Garbo accent, said "I vant to be alooone".

Completely over the heads of most of the kids watching. Classic! Ermintrude was in a league of her own.

G

For all you Kylie Minogue lovers out there, she will be voicing Ermintrude in the upcoming Magic Roundabout film!

Now....why am I thinking of a tasty bit of RUMP ??? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Kylie can do that thing Ermintrude used to do with the daisy in her mouth... or maybe I'm not remembering that quite right :/