British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

Replica coins

Have any of you guys seen one of these 1693 William and Mary halfpenny replicas?

20170530_100329~2.jpg

20170530_100318~2.jpg

No, but thankfully the border teeth are missing, the hair is too wiry and it simply looks wrong.

• Like 2

Is this from Alibaba?

• Like 1

Yes and one of his thieves tried to steal my cash!!

You will be getting artificially worn down examples of this coin offered to you soon dealers just like the 1869 pennies.

Not convincing like this (but strangely enjoyable) williams bust looks all wrong

• Like 1

1693.JPG

• Like 1

The page which includes that photo is a useful resource for general information but, as it hasn't been revised (I think) since 2004, the values given will be out of date.

http://www.irishcoinage.com/MILL3CAT.HTM

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

Thanjs Michael.

I did stumble across this site, way back when i bought this coin last year. Same old story, blurry picture on ebay, thinking i,m getting a bargain, the greed got the better of me. The seller was most apologetic and issued a refund and told me just to keep the replica coin.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Thanjs Michael.

I did stumble across this site, way back when i bought this coin last year. Same old story, blurry picture on ebay, thinking i,m getting a bargain, the greed got the better of me. The seller was most apologetic and issued a refund and told me just to keep the replica coin.

While there are plenty of rogues about I'm sure honest people do make genuine mistakes at times too, particularly if they're not sure what it is they are offering for sale.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

While there are plenty of rogues about I'm sure honest people do make genuine mistakes at times too, particularly if they're not sure what it is they are offering for sale.

sounds EXACTLY like the general public lol

• Like 1