British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Voynov_BG

1887 sixpence R over 1 or not?

Hi all :)

I just found this six pence coin, which looks cleaned but I took some pictures of the letter "R" in VICTORIA. Is it in your view some variety or rather not? Thanks.

1887.jpg

1887-2.jpg

• Like 1

I collect canadian coins only really.. but there is something there... I am sure some one will chime in as to what this is.

It looks like it. It's certainly not an R as there is no continuation of the loop.

• Like 1

Looks like one to me.

Yes, I would say so too.

I can confirm this is R/I but there are several varieties of the R/I sixpence and this is only one of them. About 40% of withdrawn 1887 sixpences are R/I so don't expect a lot for it. The books like Davies were written before recent research.