British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jinky

Newbies Coins

Hi all,

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Pretty new to this and have collected a few coins that I thought looked a bit different along the way. Are any of them worth collecting or even selling?

The set of bridges, one of the coins has an error on the E.

Anyway, look foward to hearing from you and thanks

coins2.jpg

Hi Jinky.

The coins you have been collecting i assume you got in your change.

This has obviously sparked an interest as you have gone to the trouble of posting on here.

Sorry i cant help you with prices but you can always spend them............ so cant be any worse off ;)

Welcome to the forum and be lucky.

Pete.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jinky said:

Pretty new to this and have collected a few coins that I thought looked a bit different along the way. Are any of them worth collecting or even selling?

The set of bridges, one of the coins has an error on the E.

Welcome.

Interesting question you pose there. You seem torn between hobby and investment.

There are no rules as to what you can or cannot collect and certainly no numismatic police. Collecting comes from within. If you like them and want to collect more of the same - do it. If you want to collect but not the things you have shown us, then selling or spending those would free up funds to buy something else. Coins from circulation are not typically worth more than face value however, as they rapidly get knocked edges or other contact marks and so lose any premium attached to the coin in mint state. there are a few exceptions, but not a lot.

It is impossible to say what the error is on the E, but if a blocked die then this is part of the normal wear and tear experienced by a die.

Please, make the separate photo with an error on the E. Thank you in advance.

You will get more than £4 for your two commonwealth  £2 coins. I,m afraid the rest of them are not worth more than face value.