British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

Pennies High grade.

Why the wife is going to the post office tomorrow someone may want this book as i have one already.

The Bronze coinage of great brittain 

Its the Michael Freeman 1970 1st edition with dust wrapper.

Please dont ask me for it FOC and then put on ebay the day after as one forum member did , as dont mind wrapping it up and sending it for nothing but not if someone is going to take the piss :D

Better to let someone have it who really wants one rather than just having because its free 😟

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 3

Hi Pete, received thank you. Really appreciate you sending this over.

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

Hi Pete, received thank you. Really appreciate you sending this over.

Youre welcome 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

https://bsjauctions.auctionmobility.com/lots/view/1-1XDHDC/united-kingdom

If anyone wants one from the Paul Hayward ED V11 Baldwin sale ,i have the 1902 BOTTOM one in the picture spare.

It did have a tiny speck of verd just below the arm but just flicked off.

£35 posted if anyone wants it before Friday afternoon when i will pass it on 🙂

Passed this on as needed to send some others today and easier to just put in the same envelope 🙂

Sorry i wasnt thinking and should of put this on another thread.

Dont know if any one wants one as had to buy a few to get them at the right price ,although i only really wanted one.

They are the £2 Full flag variety circulated and as far as i know not been found in the packets.

Only one left as a couple of forum members had the others.

£10 with a stamp on or £12 signed for.

IMG_2426.jpg

Edited by PWA 1967

A newly attributed by Michael Gouby 1898 11 teeth wide date BP1898Ab who says  " Scarce to Rare as very few have been discovered ".

Its in a CGS slab graded 70 A / UNC UIN 42212 although they have put a price  of a standard one £40.

I wont be selling it for that and thought i would put it on here first before the Facebook groups and if anyone interested over the next couple of days happy to mail pictures if you PM me.

£90 Posted Special Delivery.

This is the last one i have seen sell at LCA.

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&auc=152&searchlot=2462&searchtype=2

Pete.

Pm sent.

Jerry

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, alfnail said:

I see that London Coins incorrectly attributed that lot as an 1898B, which is of course the type with the different numeral 8 font on the 2nd 8.

Should have been an Ab as you say Pete

Yes they have done it a few times and  went off the width of 11 teeth the same as the 1898B at the time.The CGS one Jerry has just bought says BP1898B on the label as you know the Ab attribution was only done a few weeks ago. All good fun so long as people who want one or both now know the correct attribution 👍

Not high grade but quite scarce BP1889Cd wide date with the elevated 9 and now CGS graded 8 UIN 37652

Its the one that went unsold in the Workman sale PT 2 LOT 67 for the full pictures although i can mail the CGS ones if anyone is interested.

£80 posted Special delivery.

Pete.

1.jpg

Edited by PWA 1967

7 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Not high grade but quite scarce BP1889Cd wide date with the elevated 9 and now CGS graded 8 UIN 37652

Its the one that went unsold in the Workman sale PT 2 LOT 67 for the full pictures although i can mail the CGS ones if anyone is interested.

£80 posted Special delivery.

Pete.

1.jpg

Pm, Pete.

Jerry

• Thanks 1

Again not the highest grade but i think scarce.

Dave craddock told me he had not seen one before (maybe his sales pitch ) and CGS only graded one to date.

1861 F29...Forward tilted Y over Y in penny ,which is really clear in hand and graded CGS 50.

If anyone is interested please PM me for  pictures before the weekend .

£100 posted special delivery.

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967

Not a penny but a book.

The British Numismatic Journal Volume 81   2011.

Hardback and approx 400pp in like new condition ,the book has numerous studies ,articles etc and happy to mail the details if anyone is interested or take a picture of the contents page just PM me.

It does have a 22 page study though that is penny related.....Written by R.J.Pearce.😀

A study of the "Weyl " pattern pennies ,halfpennies and farthings dated 1860 and 1887.

Quite big and heavy ,so will cost me a few pound to post.

£20 Posted .

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967