British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

bhx7

1923 Belgium 1 Franc but what is the mint error?

Hi Guys

I would normally put any error coins I have in the "Dies, Clogs, Et all" post. But as this is a foreign coin thought it best to post here.

Thanks to another member of the forum, I have inherited some amazing new coins and am having some great fun researching and learning about them all. I wont mention the member directly in case he wishes to stay anonymous. Enough to say I am a very grateful and happy collector with hours of research and catolaguing to do. Massive Thanks agian :D.

Anyway here is a great little coin found amongst the coins I recieved. It has a mint error but I have no idea what it would be called. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

1923 Belgium 1 Franc with mint error online.jpg

Edited by bhx7
  • Like 1

Big HAT OFF to the anonymous member...i will be needing a new one soon :)

I have seen examples of CUD (i think its called that)before but dont have a clue really along with the missing letters.

Hopefully someone may throw some light on it Brian.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bhx7 said:

Hi Guys

I would normally put any error coins I have in the "Dies, Clogs, Et all" post. But as this is a foreign coin thought it best to post here.

Thanks to another member of the forum, I have inherited some amazing new coins and am having some great fun researching and learning about them all. I wont mention the member directly in case he wishes to stay anonymous. Enough to say I am a very grateful and happy collector with hours of research and catolaguing to do. Massive Thanks agian :D.

Anyway here is a great little coin found amongst the coins I recieved. It has a mint error but I have no idea what it would be called. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

1923 Belgium 1 Franc with mint error online.jpg

It looks like a piece of the Obv die has broken away, there is no imprint on the Cud which suggests a void in that area, and the blank part on the Rev looks to be a similar size as the Rev die has nothing to press against.

Do the two impressions line up

• Like 1

Yes. Definitely metal pulled away from the obverse in perfect line with the obverse. Tried to look up and attribute the type of error but just can't find it. Thanks

Edited by bhx7

Thanks John. Some great information in that lot.

Cheers

Brian