British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Taikonaut

Beatrix Potter

I see the last series of Beatrix Potter coloured silver 50p proofs has been sold out at the RM website

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/u/uk173rsp

Also pre-ordered coins are already selling on ebay at well above what they were sold for at RM. I was lucky to pre-order a subscription just before it was sold out.

The Peter Rabbit 2016 silver proof coloured 50p is going for crazy prizes:o

Edited by Taikonaut

Yeah, they have been sky-rocketing haven't they.

Do we know the mint numbers for the Potter 50ps yet? How would one find out? 

There were 150,000 of each design minted.

I put the demand and so the price down to world wide demand for the beatrix potter thyme in general, the piedfort coin in the range is the most scarce with 2500 strikes.

On 08/06/2017 at 9:27 PM, Phaseolus said:

Yeah, they have been sky-rocketing haven't they.

Peter rabbit Silver proof @ £900 and still going. Not a bad return on £60 investment :) for someone

Edited by zookeeperz

1 hour ago, zookeeperz said:

Peter rabbit Silver proof @ £900 and still going. Not a bad return on £60 investment :) for someone

Yes but how do you account for the one's you can buy now for as little as £83?

The only reason i can see such a coin demanding such a price is if the bids are on coins open the world market,where the others are not.

5 minutes ago, headsortails said:

Yes but how do you account for the one's you can buy now for as little as £83?

The only reason i can see such a coin demanding such a price is if the bids are on coins open the world market,where the others are not.

I am not sure if there are two versions of the silver proof normal and coloured but when stocks were still plentiful they were still fetching £150 and now I guess with the RM sold out of all of them Demand has caught up and human folk being human folk will pay anything to say I have one?

2 hours ago, headsortails said:

There were 150,000 of each design minted.

I put the demand and so the price down to world wide demand for the beatrix potter thyme in general, the piedfort coin in the range is the most scarce with 2500 strikes.

Looking on the RM site it has mintage figures of 30k for each but that's just the silver proofs

Edited by zookeeperz

5 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

I am not sure if there are two versions of the silver proof normal and coloured but when stocks were still plentiful they were still fetching £150 and now I guess with the RM sold out of all of them Demand has caught up and human folk being human folk will pay anything to say I have one?

I think im getting my rabbits mixed up.

I see its the 2016 one thats going bananas, can't understand it for a coin of 150,000 mintage.

Perhaps most have gone abroad and now its british collectors going the way of the hatter.

1 minute ago, headsortails said:

I think im getting my rabbits mixed up.

I see its the 2016 one thats going bananas, can't understand it for a coin of 150,000 mintage.

Perhaps most have gone abroad and now its british collectors going the way of the hatter.

Also stranger things have happened at sea it could be serial numbers?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Beatrix-Potter-Peter-Rabbit-Silver-Proof-50p-Coloured-Coins-Full-Set-5-2/311966819331  I picked that one as the seller has high rating and the cross through on the buy now means he made a deal. But at what who knows? My guess is £1500 but utter madness if you ask me

On 10/26/2017 at 9:42 AM, zookeeperz said:

they were £55, 

2 minutes ago, craigy said:

they were £55, 

RM price hike? that's the price on their web page

8 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

RM price hike? that's the price on their web page

this years issue is 60 2016 was 55 

Just now, craigy said:

this years issue is 60 2016 was 55 

The blaggards. :)