British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

declan03

1841 Queen Victoria halfpennies.

Hi Colin.

Now there's a coincidence talking about cleaning coins and you knowing your farthings. I was just looking at a 1674 Charles II farthing on ebay which is on auction with no bids as yet. Plenty detail though cleaned. Shame really.

You will often find that many earlier copper farthings that show that harsh cleaning appearance, but with good detail are often Thames washed (mudlarking finds). 

The same seller has now started listing 1834 Farthings i was told about a while ago for anyone who may be interested in them :)

Hi PWA.

It must be a different seller. 

8 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Hi PWA.

It must be a different seller. 

Same seller two accounts as mentioned before :)

Edited by PWA 1967

Oh right, i forgot you mentioned that. I only have the account from which i purchased the coin from unfortunately.  Thanks for keeping me updated though. And sorry i seem to have typed the last message in twice.

Having bought a couple of the farthings due to them being so nice as the half pennies were , i got the added bonus of one being the W.w. as sold in the March LCA.

Dont know if it is really worth much more than a normal one as possibly hyped up in LCA but nice to have one thats different :)

Can anyone tell me the best Quadrum size for the Copper halfpenny and farthing please ?.

Edited by PWA 1967

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Having bought a couple of the farthings due to them being so nice as the half pennies were , i got the added bonus of one being the W.w. as sold in the March LCA.

Dont know if it is really worth much more than a normal one as possibly hyped up in LCA but nice to have one thats different :)

Can anyone tell me the best Quadrum size for the Copper halfpenny and farthing please ?.

28mm Copper Halfpenny, 22mm Copper Farthing

FullSizeRender1.jpg

Just found this thread 

The guy contacted me direct, months ago, he did have a story (I can't remember what it was, the story didn't sound entirely kosher but the coins looked great).  He was keen to get rid quick, all in one go, but wasn't happy with the price I offered him, got quite shirty in the end so I didn't pursue it further - it wasn't worth the grief.

Seems he gave up trying to offload them all in one and went down the eBay route.  I'm glad most of them seem to have ended up in the right hands!

Declan (the other one :) )

Thats some more of these surfaced (on the FB page ) wonder if its the same seller ,quite a coincedence that another lot have appeared .And if it is the same seller ,how many does he actually have ?

Missed out the last time ,so decided its too good an offer to miss out on this time .

Hi.

Lost the thread to them. Anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks. 

Cheers Andrew.

Seems everyone and their dog is in for a chunk of those!! ???

• Like 1

On 27/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, declan03 said:

Cheers Andrew.

Seems everyone and their dog is in for a chunk of those!! ???

Yep it will be a "sleeper" in mint state for years thanks to this hoard

I saw one on a stall in a collectors fair recently and all i saw was £50 , I enquired and was told the price was £250 , I just walked away

• Like 1

I sent a couple of these half pennies to DNW Auctions which is on tomorrow 13th March, I will watch with interest to see how they fair.

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

I sent a couple of these half pennies to DNW Auctions which is on tomorrow 13th March, I will watch with interest to see how they fair.

Might be a bit soon? I'd have thought the market would be fairly well flooded at the moment. I mean, even Pete's got a couple (probably needed two to make it up to a penny). :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Might be a bit soon? I'd have thought the market would be fairly well flooded at the moment. I mean, even Pete's got a couple (probably needed two to make it up to a penny). :P

Wind your neck in :P

• Like 2

Haha. There were a few members on here that filled their boots with them.

2 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Haha. There were a few members on here that filled their boots with them.

Definately a good buy to put away,but i think as Jon says a bit soon perhaps yet.

Not everyone will of bought one though (just all the forum ) and some were better than others , good luck and hope they sell for you tomorrow :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Definately a good buy to put away,but i think as Jon says a bit soon perhaps yet.

Not everyone will of bought one though (just all the forum ) and some were better than others , good luck and hope they sell for you tomorrow :)

<<<<<<< missed the boat as usual :(

47 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Boat? where???

oh.

:lol: exactly