British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

2 hours ago, jelida said:

Sorry to hear that, I hope they weren't ones I got.

No worries Jerry. I was after two half crowns lot 2498 & lot 2502. Only just missed them, but no point crying about it just wait for the next one to come along.

Well done on your wins, I am going to check them out, I am sure they are beauties?

Pipped to the post on the Freeman 24 and 105. Never mind.

However, I note there were some unsold items, and I wonder if John would be prepared to accept an offer on one of them?

21 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Pipped to the post on the Freeman 24 and 105. Never mind.

However, I note there were some unsold items, and I wonder if John would be prepared to accept an offer on one of them?

Contacted LCA today and laid claim to unsold lot No 2847 - the Freeman 30, 6 over 8.

Happy days :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Contacted LCA today and laid claim to unsold lot No 2847 - the Freeman 30, 6 over 8.

Well done Mike - a genuinely scarce variety

20 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Well done Mike - a genuinely scarce variety

Cheers Richard - not in the best condition, as very few are. However, the variety is very clear and it's another notch on the 1861 Freeman types. 

As last time, e mail received from LCA to say my item has been despatched, together with a tracking number.

Looking forward to receiving my coin tomorrow. 

Edited by 1949threepence

I have been in touch with Semra at LC today and the unsolds are being returned to me next week (there are many).

If anybody wants any of them drop me an email. The low estimates were my reserve prices and this is the least I will sell for.

Email john.stephenson815@sky.com

Cheers,

John.

22 minutes ago, argentumandcoins said:

I have been in touch with Semra at LC today and the unsolds are being returned to me next week (there are many).

If anybody wants any of them drop me an email. The low estimates were my reserve prices and this is the least I will sell for.

Email john.stephenson815@sky.com

Cheers,

John.

Thanks a lot, John.

I received my Freeman 30 this morning. Yes, I could have waited till John received his unsolds back, and saved myself £93.00, but I balanced that against the possibility of losing it in the meantime, and decided it was worth the extra.

Here it is. There is a little graffiti on the reverse by the shield, and it's quite worn, but for such a rare coin, it's still not bad and the 6 over 8 is very clear.   

Made up for missing out on the F24. 

Freeman 30 rev.jpg

Freeman 30 obv.jpg

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 1

Is there a way of filtering the LCA results so that only those that were not sold show up? 

23 minutes ago, IanB said:

Is there a way of filtering the LCA results so that only those that were not sold show up? 

No Ian you have to do it individually from the catalogue ,it only shows the ones sold.

24 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

No Ian you have to do it individually from the catalogue ,it only shows the ones sold.

Problem is Pete that the on line June LCA catalogue has disappeared (I think) At any rate, I can't find it any longer.

1 minute ago, 1949threepence said:

Problem is Pete that the on line June LCA catalogue has disappeared (I think) At any rate, I can't find it any longer.

Yes thats what i mean by the catalogue......The hard copy :)

No hard copy:(

10 minutes ago, IanB said:

No hard copy:(

Nor me, Ian. I only happened to know the one I bought post auction, because I'd scrawled down the details of all the ones I was potentially interested in - literally - on the back of an envelope beforehand. Even though I only unsuccessfully bid for two at that point.    

Ian or Mike if there was any you remember and want the lot number just PM me:)

4 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Ian or Mike if there was any you remember and want the lot number just PM me:)

Thank you, Pete. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Thank you, Pete. Much appreciated.

Mike

Get yourself on their catalogue circulation list - they're high quality lists. I pull down photos of the rare pennies from the website so may have images of coins you're interested in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, secret santa said:

Mike

Get yourself on their catalogue circulation list - they're high quality lists. I pull down photos of the rare pennies from the website so may have images of coins you're interested in.

Now done - not sure why I didn't before. Thanks Richard, and thank you for the offer of the rarity pictures :) 

On 5/18/2017 at 11:26 PM, argentumandcoins said:

I think Rafa was swayed by the fans at the backend of last season. He's like the rest of us (loves to be loved)! Chelski hate us anyway as we are often their bogey side so it'll be nice to hear the away end bouncing to "Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez" after we go 2 up....

Thanks re the old boy Mike. He was my best mate and saleroom sidekick so I'm a bit lost at the moment TBH. The write up was my tribute to him and the picture was taken on the most expensive day of my life (I should have said "I don't" but you live and learn). He was always torn between the 2 denominations but in the end he would always take a halfcrown over a penny. I'll lose money selling via auction but it was the only way I could put his mark in the numismatic history books and raise enough cash quickly enough to buy his house (if all goes well). Feel free to bid away......

Bad luck, John. I'd love to have seen Newcastle put away Chelsea today, but it wasn't to be. Maybe at St James's.