British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
F8met

3 Mary Groats

I got these 3 Mary groats, one last year and 2 over the last month. There does seem to be variations between them? Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I don't have these to hand at the moment and these were the pictures I took before they were handed in.

mary.jpg

Edited by F8met

Not for the first time I can't help due to technical issues. Is there any way of not using Photobucket? All I see is a blank screen when you post using a link.

Sorry, will try to use Flickr  or something similar.

What about either of these @Rob?

%5BURL=http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/coinery/media/MG1resize.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/coinery/MG1resize.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

MG1resize.jpg

Do you mean either of this? Only one picture.

16 hours ago, F8met said:

I got these 3 Mary groats, one last year and 2 over the last month. There does seem to be variations between them? Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I don't have these to hand at the moment and these were the pictures I took before they were handed in.

mary.jpg

They are obviously different dies, but all conform to type. What is your concern?

12 minutes ago, Coinery said:

You can see them now then?

What's changed?

Before they were on a link. Now the pictures show automatically. No link to click - maybe a sign in problem?

Possibly? At least you're there now! :)

In my example I shared the 'direct link' and the 'image link'

incidentally, @F8met the groat picture I posted is counterfeit, presumed contemporary! Interesting coins, and utterly breathtaking in the very top grades. :)

I don't have any concerns and indeed I imagine they are lovely in top condition. Unfortunately when I get them they are less so. I do have another one which unfortunately is in slightly worse condition. They were part of a small purse loss now going through the treasure process. Lost after 1560/1 as the 2 Elizabeth are both Martlett so 2nd issue. I get a lot of Elizabeth, the odd Mary and some Edward VI / Herny VIII post.

hamm1.jpg

hamm2.jpg

Edited by F8met
date error
  • Like 1