British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Paulus

Baldwins of St James Catalogue for May 15 Auction

I'm impressed with the quality of this catalogue that landed today :)

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I'm impressed with the quality of this catalogue that landed today :)

You're lucky. They have managed to drop me from the mailing list. When St. James's split from Baldwins a short while back, Steve Fenton was encouraging people to ask for a catalogue if they didn't receive one as he tried to rebuild his mailing list. Meanwhile I continued to receive both St. James's and Baldwins catalogues. Now they have joint sales I have been dropped from the list, or at least I didn't get the last one, and by extension won't receive this one either. I don't think I've offended anyone recently. :huh:

On the plus side, there is no shortage of auctions to peruse, so it relieves the reading pressure a bit.

Anything of interest in it? I can't summon the enthusiasm to spend all day looking through the online catalogue - I'm only expected to be on this planet for three score years and ten.

A little longer than that I hope Rob!

Your wants are very different to mine, I was commenting on the quality of the hard copy catalogue, must have cost a lot to produce!

There are a number of very early pennies, no idea if any of them are of interest to you in terms of mint/moneyer etc!

Get back on their mailing list!

I could use a few Celtic and early Saxon/Mercian/Northumbrian pennies because that section is a bit bare at the moment. Now Stewartby is over, I can concentrate on other areas.

@NRPplease include Rob on the Baldwins at St James catalogue mailing list!

What's all this @ business? The latest must do in online etiquette?

1 minute ago, Rob said:

What's all this @ business? The latest must do in online etiquette?

It simply notifies Neil about this message, so more chance that he will see it - nothing more!

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

It simply notifies Neil about this message, so more chance that he will see it - nothing more!

Ah, thanks. Given the herd mentality of social media, I thought it was the in vogue or politically correct method of addressing people.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ah, thanks. Given the herd mentality of social media, I thought it was the in vogue or politically correct method of addressing people.

Just a way of 'tagging' someone. useful I think ... @Nordle11 introduced it to the Forum a while back I think when he became an Admin, mind you I don't think he has posted on here for a while ...

Yes i got one yesterdayand a well put together catalogue and probably the best i have seen.

It does make me wonder how cost effective it is as there is nothing in it for me and must cost a few quid.

Its a shame really as mine has gone in the bin.......maybe i should not of said that as they probably wont send me another :).

I have told them previously though what i buy as dont want them just wasting them and suppose i cant do anymore.

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

Just a way of 'tagging' someone. useful I think ... @Nordle11 introduced it to the Forum a while back I think when he became an Admin, mind you I don't think he has posted on here for a while ...

Still here chugging along, work keeping me too busy for my own good :mellow: 

23 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Still here chugging along, work keeping me too busy for my own good :mellow: 

Good to hear from you Matt, we all thought you had given up collecting.   T

Do Baldwin of St James's have an on line catalogue? When I looked yesterday, I couldn't find one. 

It's a decent catalogue with a couple of possibles for me although no 'must-haves'. 

I had a look on their site and can only see an auction for May 9th. Tried to download the catalogue and nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

I had a look on their site and can only see an auction for May 9th. Tried to download the catalogue and nothing happened. 

Yes it's a bit odd really. Not very well signposted.

20 minutes ago, Chingford said:

Thanks for the above link.