British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
declanwmagee

Someone else spotted an unattributed Gouby X

Serves me right for making some varieties more well known.
I only put a speculative £30 bid in, because I wasn't 100% sure, but it seems that someone else spotted an unattributed Gouby X.
Cleaned, but all the same an absolute steal to whoever else spotted it.
Anyone here the guilty party?
Edited by declanwmagee
  • Like 1

I know that feeling, list varieties of encased farthings that I used to get for anything between £1 and £5, they now regularly sell for £20-30 each...one sold yesterday for £70 and another recently jumped above £150!!!

Perhaps I should have collected a few more first :D

I think you may of saved yourself a few quid.

The seller used the same image for different years and doubt the picture of the obverse was 1911.

It certainly was not a 1911 obverse as it has the small head portrait found on 1928 to 1936 coins . Terry

• Like 2

13 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

It certainly was not a 1911 obverse as it has the small head portrait found on 1928 to 1936 coins . Terry

Precisely...

It's just wonderfull when only one side is shown, especially when it's not showing the date...

I really dislike the use of stock pictures in certain catagories, especially coins, stamps, and other collectables....

I know!  I was so hung up on border beads I didn't even notice it was the small head.  What a twit.  I suddenly felt £30 richer, but someone's not going to be happy - they obviously thought the same as me...

• Like 1

If you could let me know of anyone who hasn't been duped on ebay..I think it would be a very short list.

Lets face facts we are all greedy and want a bargain.Dodging a bullet is good though.

• Like 3

I saw it and assumed that it was a Half Penny reverse so pass on. But as you say it's the later small head.

I am curious to see what feedback will be left . 

There's always the remote chance it was the correct coin with the wrong images posted.....

Happened to me once.....

Made purchase based on the description. Looking at images was clearly 2 different coins......

A Long shot, but it happens....