British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
VickySilver

Beware the Slabs, Today's Story of the 1845 1/2 Crown

4 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Its more to do with the costs involved getting them posted to the UK  that effects the price.

Agreed. As I am in the USA I have the problem the other way around when I buy from DNW or LCA.

I don't have anything in for Atlas, and doubtlessly there are some pieces in his stock that are relative bargains (and good for you Jaggy in finding one). However, a decent price here or there does not really buck the basics, and that is they are grossly priced upwards by IMO 100% in most cases. In my series, I find that I am able to get pieces MUCH cheaper by going the auction route even though  I likely am competing with him - and he does seem to go full retail plus for coins, then to boost them as I've mentioned.

What I do find interesting is that his stock at least seems to be increasing with time - not totally unexpected with such high prices. I wonder how this works in the long run, though suspect he is able to balance this by being in the right place at the right time with plenty of cash. Thank God I got much of my collection prior to the market being pulled.