British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ThePrepper

1849 PENNY ON THE BAY

I don't know who was the buyer, but Martin Platt was the seller (azda's best friend! Ha,Ha). Decent example, and well worth the price, despite the scrub marks on the reverse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLC35 said:

I don't know who was the buyer, but Martin Platt was the seller (azda's best friend! Ha,Ha). Decent example, and well worth the price, despite the scrub marks on the reverse.

Ha ha Boab, i bet he's fizzing because his eBay blurb states Coin Year Book suggests £2300 in EF so am guessing he was aiming/hoping for the upper end, obviously buyers are most aware of our man Flint these days, i'm very proud, i feel like a new father, well done eBay, although he could have bought it himself :D

I hear he does the same shite on Facebook these days..........The book states millions in EF and the likes

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, azda said:

Ha ha Boab, i bet he's fizzing because his eBay blurb states Coin Year Book suggests £2300 in EF so am guessing he was aiming/hoping for the upper end, obviously buyers are most aware of our man Flint these days, i'm very proud, i feel like a new father, well done eBay, although he could have bought it himself :D

I hear he does the same shite on Facebook these days..........The book states millions in EF and the likes

He's also got a little coterie of fawning followers who hang on his every condescending word. Not good. 

With that said, the 1849 is an absolute bargain given it's overall excellent condition. If I'd realised it was up for auction, I don't know about "Our Man Flint", but I'd certainly have been "In Like Flint".  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

He's also got a little coterie of fawning followers who hang on his every condescending word. Not good. 

With that said, the 1849 is an absolute bargain given it's overall excellent condition. If I'd realised it was up for auction, I don't know about "Our Man Flint", but I'd certainly have been "In Like Flint".  

If you think it's a bargain then he's probably picked this up for more than he's sold it for, as we now know, he pays the same price as every other mortal and then overgrades and does the other usual practise in order to make a profit, so he's either bought it himself or made a loss

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, azda said:

If you think it's a bargain then he's probably picked this up for more than he's sold it for, as we now know, he pays the same price as every other mortal and then overgrades and does the other usual practise in order to make a profit, so he's either bought it himself or made a loss

I've no idea how he got it, what he got it for, or what he paid for it. But it is what it is - an 1849 penny in pretty good nick, again his grading is irrelevant. I make my own grading. Well worth £770.

I'd bet he's sold at a loss.