British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

ThePrepper

A Quick Hello

just wanted to say a quick hiya....seems i've already bought from a couple of you from ebay which is now worrying me because you all warn against doing that lol....at least i now know where i can get hold of you if i've any problems!! and i've been chuckling at wildcamper....nice to know i'm not the only mad outdoorsman on here!

been getting into my old british pennies and flapping about cleaning/storing/grading/fakes etc....in fact every level of collecting is so stressful i'm on the point of giving up before i've started....but i've found a lot of stuff on here already thats been very informative and interesting too, so thankyou guys....

i dabbled a bit in various collections of stuff when younger (boy do i wish i still had it all...medals, banknotes, sovereigns) but in recent years its been mainly old singer 201 sewing machines....i've got 21 of them now and as far as i know every permutation so its time to start working on a nice collection of british coins to leave for my sons....

keep up the good work and i'll try my hardest to be a total pain in the butt and drive you all nuts with stupid questions and newbie errors!! i've got several coins here already that i'm having doubts about....i guess its good that in just a short time i've already learned enough to realise how stupid i've already been lol!

regards!

Prep

Welcome TP, keep any mistakes to a minimal financial impact and you will be fine! Just run things past this great Forum until you are confident to go solo!

Exactly how I started 9 or so  years ago :)

Welcome aboard, prep! You know you're doing the right thing! :)

thanks guys....i reckon i'll have to lay my spudz on the line and post some pictures up....one penny in particular i bought last week which is very 'clean'....seen the thread on here where y'all said the buyers had been cleaned...but just looked at the one in your collection paulus which i'm presuming has not been....

mines similar to both....my head hurts. and i need to get scales....and more books....and new eyes....and a decent loupe....and, and.....

p

Hi and welcome to the mad house :blink:.

Just enjoy and the best lesson i was told was to take your time at the beginning as the coins you are probably looking for will always be for sale.

Better to buy a coin your happy with next week than buy one today that is RANG :D

Pete.

14 hours ago, ThePrepper said:

just wanted to say a quick hiya....seems i've already bought from a couple of you from ebay which is now worrying me because you all warn against doing that lol....at least i now know where i can get hold of you if i've any problems!! and i've been chuckling at wildcamper....nice to know i'm not the only mad outdoorsman on here!

been getting into my old british pennies and flapping about cleaning/storing/grading/fakes etc....in fact every level of collecting is so stressful i'm on the point of giving up before i've started....but i've found a lot of stuff on here already thats been very informative and interesting too, so thankyou guys....

i dabbled a bit in various collections of stuff when younger (boy do i wish i still had it all...medals, banknotes, sovereigns) but in recent years its been mainly old singer 201 sewing machines....i've got 21 of them now and as far as i know every permutation so its time to start working on a nice collection of british coins to leave for my sons....

keep up the good work and i'll try my hardest to be a total pain in the butt and drive you all nuts with stupid questions and newbie errors!! i've got several coins here already that i'm having doubts about....i guess its good that in just a short time i've already learned enough to realise how stupid i've already been lol!

regards!

Prep

A fair number of penny enthusiasts on here ;)